Yamaha htr-3067 vs Pioneer vsx 330-k

Immu

Hay guys planning to buy a new av receiver but my budget is 25k max and these two AV-receivers fall in my budget but m little confused with the sound quality, htr-3067 is little old wherein Vsx-330 is new but i could see some good review on Amazon UK for Vsx-330-K, if any one had auditioned these two please help me to chose best one, waiting for your opinion.

Hay guys planning to buy a new av receiver but my budget is 25k max and these two AV-receivers fall in my budget but m little confused with the sound quality, htr-3067 is little old wherein Vsx-330 is new but i could see some good review on Amazon UK for Vsx-330-K, if any one had auditioned these two please help me to chose best one, waiting for your opinion.

Sound quality between Yamaha & Pioneer might differ slightly, which may be hard to differentiate..If you are inclined to Pioneer VSX 330 for your budget, then you should get it..

Hi

There are lots of dealers in Bengaluru, audition with the same kind of music and movies and decide....

Which speakers will you be running on them?

Hi

Any of the AVRs will do. Please audition with your kind of music and decide....there are also a lot of FMs based in Bengaluru....perhaps they can give you a home audition if they use yamaha or pioneer etc.

Hi

Any of the AVRs will do. Please audition with your kind of music and decide....there are also a lot of FMs based in Bengaluru....perhaps they can give you a home audition if they use yamaha or pioneer etc.

Well AVR's i can but not sure where i can audition for Taga speakers, in amazon i've asked a question for Taga 506 v2 speakers which would be the best suitable AVR the seller has given a list out of that 1st one is Pioneer Vsx 330-k, he's given only pioneer and Marantz AVR's, but i see lot of Cust's using with Yamaha htr-3067 are also given a positive feedback

AVRs in same price range come with similar features and properties, except few brands which have higher cost than others like Marantz.
if you go to any dealer and take audition for these AVRs in well setup room, then you may not be able to tell the real difference, if any. One of the reason is because your focus gets distributed between audio and video. However, you may feel some difference (if any) if you setup those AVRs in stereo mode for listening music.
This is what my experience says... at least.

Pioneer 330-k is good for entry level setup in my opinion, however I would suggest to avoid the entry level products of any brand. They often compromise on things like build quality, connectors/binding hardware, SQ (may be).
If you can go for one model above, then it may keep you happy for longer period.

AVRs in same price range come with similar features and properties, except few brands which have higher cost than others like Marantz.
if you go to any dealer and take audition for these AVRs in well setup room, then you may not be able to tell the real difference, if any. One of the reason is because your focus gets distributed between audio and video. However, you may feel some difference (if any) if you setup those AVRs in stereo mode for listening music.
This is what my experience says... at least.

Pioneer 330-k is good for entry level setup in my opinion, however I would suggest to avoid the entry level products of any brand. They often compromise on things like build quality, connectors/binding hardware, SQ (may be).
If you can go for one model above, then it may keep you happy for longer period.

I agree with you, when comparing the price point Pioneer Vsx531 costs $250 only(INR 16k Aprox) 330-k looks like not available for US market yet not sure, since it's an lower model should be much lesser, wherein in India it costs double the price some times even more, people think they are paying more hence they are getting more quality product, may not be true.

Hi

Sorry i dint get what you mean by FMs?

Hi Finally ordered Pioneer VSX 531 & Taga 506 v.2, i already got my Pioneer 531, waiting for the Taga 506 to be delivered by next week!

Ha frnds i have a doubt.. does a 6 ohm avr can be paired with 8 ohm speaker??does it mkes any difference

Mostly all AVRs support 4-8 ohm speakers, 4 ohm speakers are hard to drive as compared to 6 ohm, and likewise 6 ohm speakers are hard to drive as compared to 8 ohm speakers.
Now a days, most of the available speakers are either 6 ohm or 8 ohm.
There is no problem in using 6/8 ohm speakers with AVR.

Hope it helps.

Can't say anything for sound quality of Pioneer's AVR, but I am using Yamaha HTR-3067.

For the price of 26.5K, it is a solid built reciever with good sound quality which can decode all the essential formats like the DTS-HD Master Audio and the Dolby TrueHD.

I have paired it with the Yamaha NS-333 Bookshelves speakers. I watch Blu-rays and listen to Audio CDs. Performance is really good.

My advice would be to go with either Yamaha/Taga setup or entry level Denon AVR-X520BT and Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelf speakers.

I haven't heard good reviews of Pioneer/Sony AVRs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Can't say anything for sound quality of Pioneer's AVR, but I am using Yamaha HTR-3067.

For the price of 26.5K, it is a solid built reciever with good sound quality which can decode all the essential formats like the DTS-HD Master Audio and the Dolby TrueHD.

I have paired it with the Yamaha NS-333 Bookshelves speakers. I watch Blu-rays and listen to Audio CDs. Performance is really good.

My advice would be to go with either Yamaha/Taga setup or entry level Denon AVR-X520BT and Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelf speakers.

I haven't heard good reviews of Pioneer/Sony AVRs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi! Thanks for your suggestion, as i mentioned earlier i've already bought Pioneer VSX 531 & Taga 506 V2 and i am happy with the setup, in fact the AVR comes with the auto calibration hence setting up the speakers was really easy, now my hunt is on for a good sub-woofer please post your comment on the above mentioned link if you have any..:):)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back