Yamaha RX-1020 or Denon-X1000 and which speaker Set

Naval.Mahendrakar

Dear All,

I am planning to build a HT but not going in to very minute details as time does not permit to do so..

I am planning to buy Yamaha or Denon- X1000 as my AV receiver but not quiet sure about the speaker set to go with.

Let me know what you think about the AV receiver and which speaker set would best match with these AV receivers.

My budget is around 50K for the Speaker Set..

Thanks for your suggestions..

Cheers,
Naval.

Last edited:
First let us know, What will be your primary usage Music / Movies?
Room dimensions?
What do you prefer -- Floorstanders / Bookshelves
Go for Denon because of Audyssey MultiEQ XT but X1000 doesn't have WiFi capability.
Denon sounds good with Klipsch and Polk.

Thank you Rupam for your suggestion,

My room is 20X 16

I do not have a preference like bookshelf or Floor standing but I need to go for floor standing only because of the room structure..

Regards,
Naval.

Dear All,

I am planning to build a HT but not going in to very minute details as time does not permit to do so..

I am planning to buy Yamaha or Denon- X1000 as my AV receiver but not quiet sure about the speaker set to go with.

Let me know what you think about the AV receiver and which speaker set would best match with these AV receivers.

Cheers,
Naval.

The denon x1000 is a $500 receiver and the Yamaha 1020 is a $1200 receiver. so the best is obvious. Only the Denon x3000 or the X4000 will match the yamaha Aventage 1020. So, if ther is not much price difference then the Yamaha is a nobrainer.

Thank you Rupam for your suggestion,

My room is 20X 16

I do not have a preference like bookshelf or Floor standing but I need to go for floor standing only because of the room structure..

Regards,
Naval.

If sound quality is your primary goal then go for KEF Q500 or the Monitor audio Bronce or the tannoy revolution DC6T. If you want to play loud then go for the Polk TSX550T or the RTI A7. Wharfadale Diamond is also worth looking.

Dear All,

Cheers,
Naval.

Some pointers for you...

Yamaha RX A 1020 has a Video processor which will upconvert any incoming signal less than 1080p to 1080p which is bonus if you have a big screen TV...

Denon X 1000 doesn't have that...

Simply going by the specs Yamaha RX A 1020 is superior to Denon X 1000..

Regarding speakers.... If your primary listening will be movies, then you don't need a floor stander... a Sub-sateliite Combo can do much better....

You can add 2 subwoofers which will do a better hob than a floorstanders for movies...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back