Yamaha RX-A2070 Equaliser settings

Smo

Hi All,
Just got my Yammy A2070 Two months back paired it with Dalis LCR Rubicon & SVS Prime elevation, but some how I am unable to get the musical sound I am expecting (Haven't run YPAO)
Dalis are set as "Small" with 60Hz rest all speakers are at 80Hz

As being a novice, Can anyone Pls help me in correct Equaliser settings, Gain, Q settings etc.

Please run YPAO......it is much needed before you manually tweak other settings....
Someone suggested YPAO is all scrap ( no offence to who quoted ) & guided best is to tweak manually only, anyways shall run YPAO & update if it made the difference.

Any suggestions for EQ settings will be welcomed.
Thanks !

Let YPAO do its job....you can then analyse the results and manually tweak if you need more bass or treble or volume levels for specific speakers......This AVR series is quite outstanding in terms of music calibration and setup......

Its better to run ypao to calibrate. Those who use audessy on other brands are vey happy after calibration. Yamaha avr's are vey balanced and musical.

No you can not tune equalizers manually unless you have some kind of measuring platform. Run YPAO. It does make difference.

BTW: Music is listened on pure direct where equalizer is disabled. But if your room has too many reflections, YPAO is better.

Someone suggested YPAO is all scrap ( no offence to who quoted ) & guided best is to tweak manually only, anyways shall run YPAO & update if it made the difference.

Any suggestions for EQ settings will be welcomed.
Thanks !

Did you run YPAO? Any difference?

Just got my Yammy A2070 Two months back paired it with Dalis LCR Rubicon & SVS Prime elevation, but some how I am unable to get the musical sound I am expecting (Haven't run YPAO)

As others have suggested, run the YPAO so that the speaker levels, distance is all set according to your listening position in the room..

The general recommendation is to use "small" settings for all speakers and do a 80Hz crossover..Sometimes the crossover is dependent on the room to address low freq issue in the room..

As being a novice, Can anyone Pls help me in correct Equaliser settings, Gain, Q settings etc.

I don't have hands on experience with manual EQ.. What are you trying to adjust with EQ?..

As others have suggested, run the YPAO so that the speaker levels, distance is all set according to your listening position in the room..

The general recommendation is to use "small" settings for all speakers and do a 80Hz crossover..Sometimes the crossover is dependent on the room to address low freq issue in the room..

I don't have hands on experience with manual EQ.. What are you trying to adjust with EQ?..
Actually not very convinced with sound quality I am currently getting, hence trying for some manual EQ settings which can improve overall sound

Actually not very convinced with sound quality I am currently getting, hence trying for some manual EQ settings which can improve overall sound

Ok.. I guess you should be trying to cut some of the low freq, upto 300Hz, so that the low freq resonance is addressed.. Above that range, don't think you will need to adjust EQ..

Ok.. I guess you should be trying to cut some of the low freq, upto 300Hz, so that the low freq resonance is addressed.. Above that range, don't think you will need to adjust EQ..
If not manual EQ may not serve, then what should be the correct course

YPAO first then manual settings...still no improvement then check placement of speakers....hope you are testing various sources and content

Hi All,

That's fine I guess. This is why we all are here, trying to find the sound that we expect. Its a continuous journey and at times, a vicious circle.

It would be great if you could post pictures of your setup along with mentioning the brand and model of the cables you are using.

Below are some of the very basic steps that everyone does while setting up their system. You may have to wait till the speakers have run in. Refer to the manual for the burn in time for your speakers.

1. Speaker placement. Try pointing them towards you with tweeter at your ear level while sitting in a position you would normally sit in.
  2. Sub placement. Follow the Sub Crawl method.
  3. Now run the Auto Setup in your receiver. Make sure all wires are connected right. +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve. The mic should be at ear level on a tripod and atleast 2 feet away from any wall.
  4. Tweak the Crossovers. All speakers set to Small. Front speakers crossed to be in sync with what the Sub can handle. 80Hz is usually a good starting point. Go up or down as per your preferences. Leave the rest of the speakers and their settings as is.
  5. Play a bluray disk or one of those Demo videos to check the sound. Dont trust other content for validation.
  6. Still unhappy, cheer up, start planning your Upgrade!!
Google up for indepth details for each of the points above to make sure you are doing it the right way. Point 3 sounds simple, but trust me, its the most underrated process. Many imagine it to suddenly on its own transform your setup to the one in your nearest Inox theater. It will not. You need to understand the numbers it produces, make corrections to speaker placement, room furniture, etc and ReRun the setup till the numbers look right.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back