Yamaha RX-V373 Vs Onkyo HT-S3500 Vs Denon DHT-1312XP

michealjohn

I am planning to buy home theatre and need your help in choosing between s
Onkyo HT-S3500
Denon DHT-1312XP
Yamaha RX-V373

My main usage will be for listening music 65% (from my PC/iPhone/CD/TV/FM)
Watching movies/news/music in HD CHANNEL - 25%
Watching movies in Blu ray/ DVD - 10%

Both Onkyo HT-S3500 and Denon DHT-1312XP are more or less same price withing my budget and Yamaha RX-V373 is bit exceeds my budget..but ok to buy it if it is better than Onkyo HT-S3500 and Denon DHT-1312XP based on my above usage...

Can you please post your feedback...txs

Onkyo 3500 and Denon 1312XP are full HT systems with an AVR + speakers where as Yamaha 373 is just the AVR. You will need to buy matching speakers for Yamaha.

It is comes with speaker (Yamaha Rx-v373) here in Singapore and I was also when searched it shows only AVR but in store they have included the speakers too

Well, it must be a combo offer from the store. It would be difficult for us to suggest if we do not know which speakers they are. I would suggest you to listen to all 3 and choose what you like the most.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

it is Yamaha speakers..it looks like YHT-497ld model..I have checked YHT-497lb which has RX-V373 AVR with speakers...

Here in the store it is displaying as RX-V373 model with speakers (675 w) for SGD $659..

hi,
I got the speaker details as below.

Yamaha RX-V373 AVR with NS-P20 Speakers - $659 SGD
Yamaha RX-V373 AVR with NS-P40 Speakers - $880 SGD

Today gone to store and had demo for both Onkyo Hts3500 and Yamaha RX-V373 AVR with NS-P40 Speakers. Both are looking good..anyway entry level and within my budget...but yamaha with NS-P40 speakers are bit costly...

For listening music (mostly) - 65% and movie (25%), if onkyo is good..I will go for it...if yamaha is better option with NS-P20 speakers, then I will go for it even if it exceeds my budget a bit....

Denon DHT-1312XP Model is not available in this store and didn't had a chance and this model is also within my budget...Anyway I am going to other store for the demo on Denon..

Both Denon DHT-1312XP and Yamaha RX-V373AVR - NS-P20/40 speakers are having active subwoofers....but onkyo has passive subwoofer...

Yamaha RX--V374 with NS-P20 speakers is bit costly ( exceeds budget $50...no issues )

Yamaha RX--V374 with NS-P40 speakers is bit costly ( exceeds budget $200)

Apart from it both Denon-1312XP and Onkyo HTS3500 are within my budget with same price...

Forget about Marantz which I got from other thread while googling...I am also not heard of this brand....

My main concern is I can't have 2 different setup for music and movies and my entry level system should support at least 60% for music and 35-40% for movies....

Last edited:
If you are listening to 60% of music then its better to go with Yamaha RX-V373 with NS-20 speaker package. It will give good music performance also the RX-V373 is a very good receiver than the receiver of Onkyo package.

hi,
I got the speaker details as below.

Yamaha RX-V373 AVR with NS-P20 Speakers - $659 SGD
Yamaha RX-V373 AVR with NS-P40 Speakers - $880 SGD

Today gone to store and had demo for both Onkyo Hts3500 and Yamaha RX-V373 AVR with NS-P40 Speakers. Both are looking good..anyway entry level and within my budget...but yamaha with NS-P40 speakers are bit costly...

For listening music (mostly) - 65% and movie (25%), if onkyo is good..I will go for it...if yamaha is better option with NS-P20 speakers, then I will go for it even if it exceeds my budget a bit....

Denon DHT-1312XP Model is not available in this store and didn't had a chance and this model is also within my budget...Anyway I am going to other store for the demo on Denon..

Both Denon DHT-1312XP and Yamaha RX-V373AVR - NS-P20/40 speakers are having active subwoofers....but onkyo has passive subwoofer...

Yamaha RX--V374 with NS-P20 speakers is bit costly ( exceeds budget $50...no issues )

Yamaha RX--V374 with NS-P40 speakers is bit costly ( exceeds budget $200)

Apart from it both Denon-1312XP and Onkyo HTS3500 are within my budget with same price...

Forget about Marantz which I got from other thread while googling...I am also not heard of this brand....

My main concern is I can't have 2 different setup for music and movies and my entry level system should support at least 60% for music and 35-40% for movies....

Can you tell the name of the dealer who is giving this combo. any idea what is the price offer for only the avr by the dealer.

Regards, Amit

Yamaha RX V374 does not exist. I am sure you meant 373.

at 65% pref to music I would also advise you to go with Yamaha. And the AVR 373 is much better than the rest with some additional features like USB playback, 4k pass through etc.
I doubt the combo price of 373 with yamaha speakers is at par with Onkyo 3500 and Denon 1312XP. check that out please.

Thanks a lot for your inputs...

Yamaha RX-V373 with NS-P20 speaker package comes with $659
NS-P20 speakers are very light compared to NS-P40

Yamaha RX-V373 with NS-P40 speaker package comes with $880

Speaker Packages - Yamaha - Singapore

When I compared both the speakers there are not much difference, but not sure why it is so costly...any inputs on go with NS-P20 or P40 speaker packages...

I would like to know also about these ns-p40 speaksers. And what is the difference between ns-p40 and ns-pa40, only looking?

Finally, decided to go with either Yamaha RX-V373 with Yamaha NS-P40 speaker package or Denon DHT 1312XP.

ONKYO 3500:
In audition, all the speakers are arranged properly and demo had a good sound. I have tried different type of music which i had brought in my USB drive and found the bass is not so active and the woofer itself vibrating a lot. Understand it is passive subwoofer. Also in low volume it is not that much warm / listening...

Denon:
It is also properly arranged in demo room and sounds good. Having active woofer and we can also change the speakers in future....but it has no USB and component...i have copied all my music in my USB, but not able to listen to different type of music and apart from that it is ok for my budget..

Yamaha RX-V373
Tried 3 different stores and all of them kept all the speakers in one place and not arranged like ONKYO and Denon and not able to get the clear picture ...meaning clear surround sound :(

But it has active woofer which ONKYO doesn't have

USB and components input which Denon doesn't have

Yamaha packaged speakers are not solid and heavy as compared to ONKYO and Denon

I am newbie and going for AVR for the first time..and I am not sure of speaker selection...both ONKYO 3500 and Denon DHT 1312xp had solid and weight is good (compared to other two)...but speakers comes with Yamaha RX-V373 is very light weighted and not solid....Here comes the confusion now... In the store they are not allowing to mix and match the speakers for Yamaha and only 2 options are left.. Either to go with YAMAHA NS-P20 or NS-P40..
Is it something like heavy speakers will produce good sound compared to light weight speakers?

Please help to advice...

Get the Yammy from elsewhere if these guys are 'forcing' you to get the package. You'd be better off getting a separate AVR and nice bookshelves.

I second to what kneo said. get Yamaha 373 separately. I am sure there are lots of places in Singapore where you'll get AVR & Speakers separately. You just have to look around and do your own research. Also if you are searching for separate AVR then find out the price of Yamaha RX V473 in SGD for me ( I need your favour :) ) as one of my friend is coming to Singapore in Feb. If price is good then I'll ask him to get it for me.

finally bought Yamaha HTR-3065/RX-V373

Finally bought Yamaha HTR-3065 AVR with Yamaha NS-P20 home theatre speakers for $659.00 (SGD).
Initially I thought/some confusion over RX-V373 and HTR-3065 ANSI seems both are with same configuration...between pls let me if there are any difference between these AVR....
Any comments on price?
Settings up the things and post my comments soon..
A very big thanks to all your inputs in selecting a better option which also within my budget....as well said in this forum many times...DO YOUR AUDITION MORE WHICH SATISIFIES YOU.....since i am going to use it for more music than movies and also many +ve than onkyo 3500 and Denon 1312...i have gone to yamaha.....thanks once again..:)

There is a plan to upgrade the speakers later....and will come back :)

Infact Yamaha RX V373 has almost identical features of that HTR-3065.

Upgrade with better speakers in future.

@Rupamda....in your signature, Denon 1513 model is miss placed as 1315 :p

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back