Yamaha RX-V485 with Elac Cinema 5 speakers

himanshubhai

Hello all,
I have finally decided to buy Yamaha RX-V485 with Elac Cinema 5 speakers instead of my earlier preferred HTib option of Yamaha 3072. However I will have to spend extra 25k mostly because of speakers. So I would like to whether this extra bucks are quite worth or I should settle down Yamaha 3072. Kindly suggest..

Hello all,
I have finally decided to buy Yamaha RX-V485 with Elac Cinema 5 speakers instead of my earlier preferred HTib option of Yamaha 3072. However I will have to spend extra 25k mostly because of speakers. So I would like to whether this extra bucks are quite worth or I should settle down Yamaha 3072. Kindly suggest..
Definitely RX-V485 is better than 3072. Elac cinema 5 is a very good speaker package.

It's worth the upgrade from YHT-3072. The AVR RX-485 is way better than YHT-3072 in terms of connectivity and features. Also, the Elac Cinema 5 is a far better speaker package than what comes as a bundled with the YHT-3071.

It's worth the upgrade from YHT-3072. The AVR RX-485 is way better than YHT-3072 in terms of connectivity and features. Also, the Elac Cinema 5 is a far better speaker package than what comes as a bundled with the YHT-3071.
Thanks friend. The dealer has now also suggested me to go for Denon 550BT instead of Yamaha 485.. Can u pls help me if Denon is better than Yamaha. My preference is still Yamaha. Pls suggest.

Definitely RX-V485 is better than 3072. Elac cinema 5 is a very good speaker package.
Thanks Arunkumar for your valuable suggestion.. One more dilemma I have now, the dealer is asking me to opt for Denon 550BT instead of Yamaha RX-V485. What would be your take between these two? Pls suggest.

Thanks friend. The dealer has now also suggested me to go for Denon 550BT instead of Yamaha 485.. Can u pls help me if Denon is better than Yamaha. My preference is still Yamaha. Pls suggest.
Check for the price diffrence and compare the options if that matters you.
Build quality wise i would choose Yamaha.
If possible see side by side to judge the build quality.
Atb

I am not sure of Yamaha as I have not used one before but I can say the Denon 550 is a good entry level AVR and packs in a lot of punch and it’s no nuisance product.
Ofcourse this does not have network connectivity but the Bluetooth is pretty seamless as well.

Whats the price you are getting for the Yamaha V485 AVR and the Elac Cinema 5 package, individually? I am trying to understand the scope for a decent point in this space.

Thanks, friend. The dealer has now also suggested me to go for Denon 550BT instead of Yamaha 485... Can u pls help me if Denon is better than Yamaha. My preference is still Yamaha. Pls, suggest.

My personal experience is Yamaha shines in Music and Denon in Movies. Apart from that RX-V485 provides you an upper hand over BT-550 on Features and Connectivity (485 is a Network AVR and supports most of the Streaming Serivce out-of-the-box whereas 550 has only BT capability).

All of us here will have different opinions about different brands and you will get feedback based on personal experience with a particular brand. Like most of them mentioned here both has its own strengths and weaknesses so audition both and see what you like with the speakers you are willing to invest in and go for it.
End of the day you need to be satisfied with it.
Dealers try to push the product they have in stock and not many dealers will advise what suits you. So auditioning is the key.
From what I have experienced, even I started of with an entry level AVR but very soon the upgrade bug bites and then you will start thinking of an upgrade.
So if you are a person who will crave for more then my suggestion is take it slow.
Speakers and AVR’s both play a equal roles when it comes to sound. So you can either invest on a Good Speaker to start off and invest less on a AVR or vice versa. That way when you are up for an upgrade you would not loose much money.
Think well and invest. Even if you want to start off with a Good 2.0 it makes a lot of sense.

If you ask around, there are a lot of FM’s here with immense knowledge who have started off with a good 2.0 and later upgraded so think on those lines as well.

All the best!
Som

My personal experience is Yamaha shines in Music and Denon in Movies. Apart from that RX-V485 provides you an upper hand over BT-550 on Features and Connectivity (485 is a Network AVR and supports most of the Streaming Serivce out-of-the-box whereas 550 has only BT capability).
Many many thanks mate for guidance. I have decided to go for Yamaha.

All of us here will have different opinions about different brands and you will get feedback based on personal experience with a particular brand. Like most of them mentioned here both has its own strengths and weaknesses so audition both and see what you like with the speakers you are willing to invest in and go for it.
End of the day you need to be satisfied with it.
Dealers try to push the product they have in stock and not many dealers will advise what suits you. So auditioning is the key.
From what I have experienced, even I started of with an entry level AVR but very soon the upgrade bug bites and then you will start thinking of an upgrade.
So if you are a person who will crave for more then my suggestion is take it slow.
Speakers and AVR’s both play a equal roles when it comes to sound. So you can either invest on a Good Speaker to start off and invest less on a AVR or vice versa. That way when you are up for an upgrade you would not loose much money.
Think well and invest. Even if you want to start off with a Good 2.0 it makes a lot of sense.

If you ask around, there are a lot of FM’s here with immense knowledge who have started off with a good 2.0 and later upgraded so think on those lines as well.

All the best!
Som
Totally agreed mate. But I don't think I would crave for update in future as I m not audiophile type. And I would like invest in the best within my budget. Thinking of going for Yamaha after getting suggestions from other FM's. But really appreciate your thoughts..

Totally agreed mate. But I don't think I would crave for update in future as I m not audiophile type. And I would like invest in the best within my budget. Thinking of going for Yamaha after getting suggestions from other FM's. But really appreciate your thoughts..
It’s a good decision in that case. Makes sense. All the best with your set up.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back