Yamaha RX-V585 vs Denon X1600H

BlackIce2107

Are these two AVRs comparable? The V585 is at 45k and the 1600H is 58k, is the Denon worth the difference? I'm going to start by adding some Polk S50s as well with them and OWM3s for now. Is this is a decent setup to start off with? Please suggest as I'm brand new to this. Thanks.

Hi
If your priority is more movies and less music then go for denon ...if it is more of music then choose yamaha rx 585.
What is ur estimated budget??
Denon1600 for 58k is too high you can get it for less than 45 k .
Did you do audition for polks s50 s ??
as your are from banglore Please do audition of indiq audio custom Lcr also u will know the difference.

Last edited:
Hi
If your priority is more movies and less music then go for denon ...if it is more of music then choose yamaha rx 585.
What is ur estimated budget??
Denon1600 for 58k is too high you can get it for less than 45 k .
Did you do audition for polks s50 s ??
as your are from banglore Please do audition of indiq audio custom Lcr also u will know the difference.
Thanks for replying. Yes the Denon 1600H is very very high most dealers near me are quoting 74k actually including ProFX etc not able to find anyone offering the 1600H lesser than 58k.

I have also added the Yamaha RX-V6A into the mix and that is in stock and available for 58k as well. My usage would be mostly for movies and gaming, so is the V6A ok for movies?

I want to try to fit everything within 1.1L or 1.2L if possible but I did not expect the receiver prices to be this high now. Thanks will check out indiq audio as well.

You can try dealers in chennai they are offering much lower price than banglore with warranty.

As you mentioned your main preference in movies then go for denon hands down.

1.2 lakh budget you can go for denon 2600 and 5.0 package . So that you will not be upgrading them in near feature. Otherwise you will be effected by upgrade bug with in no time . U can add sub woofer and atmos speakers in feature when your budget permits .

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back