Yamaha RX-V677 showing "Internal Error"

dolfin

Hi,

My Yamaha RX-V677 AVR which I purchased 18 months back is showing "Internal Error" on the display panel.

The message does not go no matter which buttons I press and AVR is not outputting audio or video signals. It was working till yesterday afternoon and suddenly started showing this message when turned on in the evening.

I tried updating the firmware using USB and "Pure Direct" + "Main Zone" key combination. It stops at S5 verification stage showing message "Error! 4000". I repeated the step twice but getting same message.

Any suggestions on what might have gone wrong? I had called up Service Center but they are asking me to replace the main board. Since the USB update setup is working I am doubtful if the main board is problem.

Hi,

My Yamaha RX-V677 AVR which I purchased 18 months back is showing "Internal Error" on the display panel.

Did you try resetting it? There is nothing much that we can do more than resetting, disconnecting all speakers cables, input cables, etc and reconnecting.

MaSh

@ArunkumarK: I tried it. According to the video I pressed Info + Tone Control + Main Zone combination. AVR shows "No Model Info" But thereafter no key works. Like he uses TV key to select the model. I assume he does some jumper setting on the main board which is hidden in the video.

What did you do? Did you write mail to this guy or it worked on its own for 671?

I'm extremely disappointed with Yamaha service despite having a big name. Wrote twice but not a single mail answered. I had no option but to give the receiver in service center. I'm sure he is going to replace the mainboard. Keeping fingers crossed. Next time I will avoid Yamaha for sure.

That's sad. You see many times there is just a software error or firmware error. All that is required is a hard reset at factory or service centre. This is assuming that no physical or electrical damage has taken place. Most of the service centres would do that. Since you have already given to them there is not much of an option. Let us know what they did. Incase they changed the main board get your old board from them.

If you have the nerve to open the unit and do some un-plugging, This link might work. http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=56991.3870

@tuff: Thanks buddy! already seen this article and tried till the bridge connection. It seems that without this patch I can't set model number. I had fixed PCs and printers earlier. But there is high voltage power supply there. Last thing I want is to toast the 50k unit. Now the unit is given to service center and waiting for their quote.

I had the same problem. No reset works and the other things didn't wor at all. When i tried to do an update "error 4000" appiers.
This error means the receiver don't know who he is anymore. I know it sounds stupid, and yes it is.

The solution for me:
So I opened the receiver and set a bridge. There is a youtube video but he doesn't show where to set the bridge.

So I got myself a service manual (google service manual yamaha rx-v677). If somebody has the same problem and no warranty anymore can try this.

The picture shows where to set the bridge.

I hope it helps somebody more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170901-171710.jpg
    Screenshot_20170901-171710.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 303
Hey - I opened up my V677 and have No Model Info on the screen. I found the area in the picture for bridging but not sure what to do next - can anyone help me? Thanks.

Hi Guys

Despite all the hype we heard about Yamaha products and its after sales service....it seems that most are facing challenges and issues.....I feel you guys should post all this in the dedicated Yamaha Owners thread where possibly someone can provide some workaround.....also helps as information for existing / future users...

I loved Yamaha a lot and stopped using the same since late 2009 onwards.....they do not make or built Yamaha like before....infact this may hold true for most AVR brands....

Most are out with features which we may not use...the idea is to focus on revenue and compete with other rivals with new features etc in an AVR......the real essence of having an AVR...its sole purpose is lost....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back