Yamaha YHT-196 vS YHT-1810 - which to choose

Nabster1

Hi,

I am in the market for a new HT .I am got a quote from reliance digital for YHT 196 as 24000.Whereas YHT-1810 is being sold at 28000. I am confused as i am relatively new to this .

Please provide some suggestions. Also are there any better options under 30K.

Regards
N

Hi

Based on your actual requirements in terms of listening levels, connectivity, features etc. audition both and decide....you can also look at Onkyo or Pioneer who have similar entry level systems..

Trust your ears......

if budget is a challenge, see the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads...good deals...

Hi

Based on your actual requirements in terms of listening levels, connectivity, features etc. audition both and decide....you can also look at Onkyo or Pioneer who have similar entry level systems..

Trust your ears......

if budget is a challenge, see the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads...good deals...

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply, i checked some pioneer HT in Kerala but i am not getting anything below 30K. I am a little scared to go for Used items as i spending this much money...plus with a new item i can get Extended warranty for two years...

At my price range i am getting only YHT 196 and 1810....which among these is better ....is it advisable to go for 1810 and spend 4 K more...does it provide that much return in terms of audio quality.

PS: i checked out YHT 299 , but dealers are quoting 41K for it...way out of my budget.

Regards
Nabster

Hi

Check the connectivity features of both models and decide if it meets your requirements.....remember most of us end up upgrading systems after sometime...(2-3 years) as upgrade BUG comes and bite us........some still use the same system for 5-10 years....evaluate what all you will connect now and in the near future....decide on the model then

Used systems are sold by forum members and they can be trusted.....its your choice at the end of the day if you have a budget challenge!

Warranty of 2 years is SELLER warranty....only some speaker brands have 2-3 years warranty.....at large warranty in India on electronics ranges from 6 months to 1 year....

Check out HT Store, HiFi Mart, Amazon and other online websites for the best prices and variety of other models....don't rush

Hi,

I am in the market for a new HT .I am got a quote from reliance digital for YHT 196 as 24000.Whereas YHT-1810 is being sold at 28000. I am confused as i am relatively new to this .

Please provide some suggestions. Also are there any better options under 30K.

Regards
N

Go for YHT 196. Wait for an offer. I got for 19K (20K RD offer and 1K SBI card cashback)

Reliance has ooffer running now. I was looking to buy yht 299 but not available. They have yht 196 and yht 1810 available. Might get one of the two. My question is buying extended warranty worth it?

Will get either of the 2 with extra discount of 10% plus free blu ray player OR get yht 299 from somewhere else for 35k and no freebies or discounts.?

Hi

Typically this time of the year...every year...Reliance offers deep discounts.....compare whats the price of extended warranty...also check the system if it is the only piece (last piece / showroom demo piece) being sold with a huge discount...check all features / functions.....

Based on actual requirement, it is a calculative call you need to take....all the best

Went to Reliance Digital today.. They only have Yht 196 for Rs. 24990 available.. No other Yamaha Home Theatre Systems. They are giving Rs. 2500 cashback with this system.. no other freebies.. Disappointing

Other yamaha dealer has Yht 299 available for 35k.. No discounts no freebies...

Dunno what to do

Went to Reliance Digital today.. They only have Yht 196 for Rs. 24990 available.. No other Yamaha Home Theatre Systems. They are giving Rs. 2500 cashback with this system.. no other freebies.. Disappointing

Other yamaha dealer has Yht 299 available for 35k.. No discounts no freebies...

Dunno what to do

Which city do you live in?..just wanted to check about the Reliance digital offers, here in Hyderabad all the RD stores are quoting 196 @ 27999

Which city do you live in?..just wanted to check about the Reliance digital offers, here in Hyderabad all the RD stores are quoting 196 @ 27999
Kolkata.. Do they have other models available?

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

I'm looking at these 2 models as well. Can someone explain in lay man language what the differences between the 2 models are?

YHT-196 - legacy model, supports Dolby Digital and DTS only

YHT-1810 - later model, supports Dolby TRU HD and DTS HD MA as well.

If you are into Blu-ray or using to watch movies with later audio codecs buy the YHT-1810.

Best Regards,
Rajiv

Bought the yht 2910.. Yht 299 was nowhere to be found..
BTW heard it only for 1 time n now I am not in the city.. For when I heard, it was mind blowing.

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

YHT-196 - legacy model, supports Dolby Digital and DTS only

YHT-1810 - later model, supports Dolby TRU HD and DTS HD MA as well.

If you are into Blu-ray or using to watch movies with later audio codecs buy the YHT-1810.

Best Regards,
Rajiv

I have a PS4 and do not use Blu-ray discs. I would be using Netflix and playing HD movies off a flash drive or off the laptop. Do you think it would make that much of a difference in this case?

I have a PS4 and do not use Blu-ray discs. I would be using Netflix and playing HD movies off a flash drive or off the laptop. Do you think it would make that much of a difference in this case?

If your HD movie content uses DTS-HD MA or Dolby Tru HD than 1810 would be more suitable.

BR,
Rajiv

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back