Yamaha YHT 2910. Centre Speaker giving distorted voice

wouldbeca

Can you help me something. It's not been a year, and my center speaker is giving distorted voice, to that extent , it's impossible to hear from it. I am almost novice who bought home theater out of Passion for good movie experience. Can anybody help me with the reasons for same and way I can correct it.
It's HTib of Yamaha and model is YHT 2910

Check the speaker terminals are connected properly and there is no open sleeve wire is short or something.
What is your source of audio btw?
First change the source ( eg :Bluetooth,radio,or some other source)and check the output of centre speaker.
if you feel that is distortion is continuing then your speaker or internal amp could have blown.
For concluding that connect if you have any old speaker lying around which is unused or buy some small speaker which cost around 20 to 40rs in local market with soldered wire without box and u connect it in the centre channel speaker socket of the AVR backside( you can directly connect your FR/FL in that socket but if your amp is short for example that will burn your other speaker also) and see that distortion is less.
Don't crank up the volume with local speaker this workaround is for checking purpose only.
Let us know the result.
Atb

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back