Yamaha YHT-2910 Home Theater package/Yamaha HTR-3067 AV receiver

newuser 4214

Hello All,
I am new here do apologise for any mistakes that I may make. I own a Yamaha YHT-2910 Home theatre system. Back in August the there was crackling sounds coming through the speakers when I was listing to the radio and also a burning for the receiver (Yamaha HTR-3067) at the time I was tuned in to my favourite radio station RTE lyric FM on 99.2 FM (I live in Pembrokeshire and I am able to pick up the Mount Leinster in South East Ireland). The unit went back to seller for repair upon receiving the unit back from repair I was unable to retune into my favourite station and I informed the seller. I informed the seller that I use an external aerial and not the supplied one. The unit went away for a second repair when it came back after the I still could not pick up the Irish radio stations and the speakers are scratched and have boot scuff marks and also the polystyrene was smashed, this is when I went to trading standards who told me to contact the seller about the scratches and scuff marks on the speaker and also about not being able to tune into Irish radio stations and also to give them three days to sort out the problem. The seller contacted and said the unit arrived to them with inadequate packing which was not true, I contacted the seller again stating about the polystyrene being inadequate and told me to test the external aerial with a another home cinema system, which was able to pick up the Irish radio stations with not a problem. The other day I noticed inside the unit there what is similar to electrical cables on the circuit boards have been cut and I do not know if they are to be connected (see attached pictures) at least I waited for the warranty to run out before I took pictures of cables inside the unit. I have also been in contacted with Yamaha twice via email and they have not acknowledged me at all. My question is should I take the unit to a independent service centre, I have been to currys in Pembrokeshire but they said they could not repair the unit and told me to go to a independent service centre or sell the unit and get a different unit?

Attachments

• Blue Cable (Circuit Board Main 4).jpg
    Blue Cable (Circuit Board Main 4).jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Blue Cable (Circuit Board Main 5).jpg
    Blue Cable (Circuit Board Main 5).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Blue Cable (Circuit Board OPE2).jpg
    Blue Cable (Circuit Board OPE2).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Blue Cable (LCD Circuit Board Left Hand Side).jpg
    Blue Cable (LCD Circuit Board Left Hand Side).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Blue Cable (LCD Circuit Board Right Hand Side).jpg
    Blue Cable (LCD Circuit Board Right Hand Side).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Blue Cable (Right Hand Side Brown Circuit Board).jpg
    Blue Cable (Right Hand Side Brown Circuit Board).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 78
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back