Yamaha YHT 3072 vs Pioneer HTP-076

manivas

Dear friends, I am planning to buy home theater package. Currently I have Sony HT-RT3.

Shortlisted these HT packages
1. Yamaha YHT 3702, available at reliance digital for Rs 47,800/-. Yamaha dealers doesn't have stock in hyderabad.
Supports room calibration
Doesn't support Dolby atmos / DTS X

2. Pioneer HTP-076
Supports all sound formats
No room calibartion

FMs kindly advice.

I am using YHT 1840 from last one year and during that time learned a few things about surround sound. In my experience, it's always better to opt for AVR and speakers separately. With HTiB, you are kinda stuck with upgrade.

My vote goes for the Yamaha as well. :) ( I owned the Yamaha 1840 HTiB for over 2 years ).

Alternative, in that budget you can get a used AVR with better features and a set of bookshelf speakers to start off with. You could add in other pieces slowly as your budget permits. I suggest this because, in my opinion, you would get to experience better quality of sound and features.

Again this is just based on my experience, the sound from the above mentioned HTiB will start sounding very thin over a period of time. And you would start looking for upgrades soon.

This video just arrived 3 hours ago. The last two options (6:39 onwards) are what you should be looking it. Please ignore the post if you do not understand Hindi.

Though, I will suggest demoing both once yourself and see which one you like better. IMO, if I am spending half a lakh on a sound system, I would not get anything which does not support Dolby Vision/Atmos as more and more content is getting added to OTT platforms for these.

This video just arrived 3 hours ago. The last two options (6:39 onwards) are what you should be looking it. Please ignore the post if you do not understand Hindi.

Though, I will suggest demoing both once yourself and see which one you like better. IMO, if I am spending half a lakh on a sound system, I would not get anything which does not support Dolby Vision/Atmos as more and more content is getting added to OTT platforms for these.

Hi, Which is the Cheapest Atmos AVR one can buy keeping in the mind the future upgrades on speakers

Hi, Which is the Cheapest Atmos AVR one can buy keeping in the mind the future upgrades on speakers

You can consider Denon X2500H, as per forum members it's retailing around 50K in Bangalore. Ideally, X2600H is a more worthy upgrade if you can extend the budget by a few more thousands.

You can consider Denon X2500H, as per forum members it's retailing around 50K in Bangalore. Ideally, X2600H is a more worthy upgrade if you can extend the budget by a few more thousands.

Thanks!!

Can you please recommend good set of speakers to go with it. including overhead ones

1. Yamaha YHT 3702, available at reliance digital for Rs 47,800/-. Yamaha dealers doesn't have stock in hyderabad.

2. Pioneer HTP-076
No room calibartion

FMs kindly advice.

Any 5.1 AVR + Taga TAV 5.0 speaker package would be a better choice than the HTIB packages..

Check Pioneer VSX 534. 3.1.2 atmos for 35K. Alternatively Marantz NR 1608 /1609. 5.2.2 for 43K

Thanks, Both the 1608 and 1609 have a power rating support of 50W @ 8 Ohms , is it good enough if one wants to connect towers etc

In comparision to that I found X1400H to have more power support of 80W per channel, how is this as compared to the 1609?

Thanks, Both the 1608 and 1609 have a power rating support of 50W @ 8 Ohms , is it good enough if one wants to connect towers etc

In comparision to that I found X1400H to have more power support of 80W per channel, how is this as compared to the 1609?
The 80w rating for Denon is when only 2 channels are driven. When all 7 channels are driven it should be half or even less

Forget about power ratings given by manufacturers they are just bogus ,guess only arcam and nad gives proper ratings all channels driven apart from them others give values which randomly pops up in their mind :D, for instance a denon x2600 is rated 90 or 95 watts perchannel but it consumes only 500 watts so even if the device is 100% efficient (which no device is) it can give only 70 watts for its 7 channels,but if u want to get 1400 thats a good budget receiver as well try to get 1600 which is the latest model

You can refer to the Marantz thread...one of our FMs used the NR1606 with Dali Z7 Floorstanding speakers.

Initially when x1200 was launched...got it and used for a week...was not happy when you climb the volume....no punch.....then sold it....got my invested money back and put it in a NR1065...no regrets after that.....smooth punchy sound....now i use the SR series.

My NR 1605 was sold to a friend who is still using the same for the last 4 years now with Pulz Concerto tower speakers. Never repaired.

Although Marantz and Denon are made by D&M holdings (not sure i f this is changed now), Marantz all models are built well. Denon higher models have better components.

Depends on your room size and listening levels. May not be OK for very big rooms. But it's quality is very refined. What it lacks in punch is made up in finesse.
If you watch a lot of action/sci-fi opt for a higher range Denon. I've heard low range Denon and Yamaha, did not like. Marantz does well for music as well, if that is important to you.
As always, audition if you can. Ironically, I bought 1609, without audition :)

Dear friends, I am planning to buy home theater package. Currently I have Sony HT-RT3.

2. Pioneer HTP-076
No room calibartion

FMs kindly advice.

As you already own Sony HT-RT3 which doesn't support Dolby atmos / DTS X, then why would you again go for Yamaha YHT 3702?
Out of both the options which you have mentioned, IMO i would strongly suggest you should opt for Pioneer HTP-076. This will bring in audio experience which you are missing with Sony HT-RT3. Pioneer has definitely packaged this product keeping two points in mind, give latest audio experience with being in the bracket of VFM. Trust me within next 3-5yrs you will again look for upgrades once you build the taste based on your experience.

If you have the patience & passion along with deep pocket ;) at regular intervals to build HT then, as FM suggested start with AVR, Front speakers & then move ahead to build your dream setup.

Cheers,

As you already own Sony HT-RT3 which doesn't support Dolby atmos / DTS X, then why would you again go for Yamaha YHT 3702?
Out of both the options which you have mentioned, IMO i would strongly suggest you should opt for Pioneer HTP-076. This will bring in audio experience which you are missing with Sony HT-RT3. Pioneer has definitely packaged this product keeping two points in mind, give latest audio experience with being in the bracket of VFM. Trust me within next 3-5yrs you will again look for upgrades once you build the taste based on your experience.

If you have the patience & passion along with deep pocket ;) at regular intervals to build HT then, as FM suggested start with AVR, Front speakers & then move ahead to build your dream setup.

Cheers,

Hi, Just adding this FYI.
The Pioneer option is good, but what I've heard from other members here, the after sales support is bad for Pioneer in India.
IMO stay away from Pioneer for now.

Back