Yamaha YTH-196 Is it a good deal for 23k

ArjunB

Hi planning to get a Yamaha-196. Do you guys feel its a good deal:

Yamaha Home Theatre System 5.1 Channel YHT-196 1Yr Yamaha India Warranty Bill | eBay

I donot have time to search for it in local stores :( .

My second question would be to any yht-196 user:
In case of playing mp3s , what i mean is.. if the input is 2 channel, is there a way to send the amplified output to all the speakers? Not that it will give 5.1 effect but can we use all the speakers?

1. There are listening modes which will allow for simulated 5.1 output or even all channel stereo output. But for music, the bundled speakers of majority of the budget HTIB will not do justice
2. IMO, if you decide to go for Yahaha only, you should go for YHT 294 instead as it has automatic speaker caliberation (YPAO) and falls in the same price bracket with almost same specifications, except design of bundled speakers and minor change in bundled SW.

Try Croma in your city. You should be in a postion to have a better price/deal. Their approach is also much more customer centric.

Yes I searched for Onkyo as well but seems like 3300 is now not available at most places here, for 3400 they are asking for 28K. Thnx for ur suggestion I will do some research on YHT 294 :)

For Onkyo, you may visit Reliance Digital in Kolkatta -

Reliancedigital Retail Ltd.,
Avani Riverside Mall, 32, Jagat Banerjee Ghat Road,
Shalkia Howrah 711102,
West Bengal

Timing : 11.00 am to 10.00 pm

Customer Service Desk
Contact Number : 033 26786600 / 26786800
Email Address : [email protected]

Store Manager : Rizul Choudhary
Email Address : [email protected]

HT S3300 should be somewhere around 24000/- and with some negotiation skills you can bargain for atleast 10% discount.

AFAIK, Croma and Hypercity do not have a presence in Kolkatta.

BOL

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back