Yamaha YTH-196 price & availability in Mumbai

spiderbatman

Hi,

I have done my research and Yamaha YTH-196 fits my budget.

I couldn't get much info on its availability & price in Mumbai.
Can anyone suggest where I should look for it.

In the review at tech.firstpost.com in Jul'12, the price was quoted as 25k.
Snapdeal quotes it more than 26k and some other site at 27k.

I was hoping the price would have fallen.

Can someone guide me where I should look for it in Mumbai.
Thanks for all the help.

Also, people who are using it, any major disadvantages or problems you have faced with this system?

At one time it was offered for 21K by Vijay Sales but now they also increase their cost.

At Snapdeal, you will get 1000 Rs. Discount

Last edited:
@OP: The price has increased now. Now it is available for Rs. 27990/- U can audition this one at Reliance digital stores .

I have purchased the same model exactly in the last yr of this month at Rs 21,500/-

Reg Disadvantages, it cannot decode Dolby True HD which is present in Blu ray discs.

Hi SpiderBatman

The YHT 196 is an entry level Home Theatre system from Yamaha, if I am not mistaken, the YHT 198 / 199 would be the latest model. The cost has yes gone up due to demands from many Home Theatre first time owners.....There is Pioneer and Denon also available with similar entry level systems...

Mid segment or high end systems would cost more and typically would start after 35k onwards for the AVR only...speakers extra...

There are many Home Theatre dealers in Mumbai, Heera Panna, Alfa etc. etc. and rates would differ from dealer to dealer with and without warranty options.

I would suggest you audition as many systems which fit your expectations in terms of features, performance and ofcourse budget.

All the best

YHT196 is available for 27990 at Reliancedigital with a BD player worth around 6500 as a gift. But RD is not selling without the bundled gift at a discounted price. If you are planning for a BDP this is a good offer

Hi SpiderBatman

The YHT 196 is an entry level Home Theatre system from Yamaha, if I am not mistaken, the YHT 198 / 199 would be the latest model. The cost has yes gone up due to demands from many Home Theatre first time owners.....There is Pioneer and Denon also available with similar entry level systems...

Mid segment or high end systems would cost more and typically would start after 35k onwards for the AVR only...speakers extra...

There are many Home Theatre dealers in Mumbai, Heera Panna, Alfa etc. etc. and rates would differ from dealer to dealer with and without warranty options.

I would suggest you audition as many systems which fit your expectations in terms of features, performance and ofcourse budget.

All the best

Can you please suggest me some model names from Denon or Panasonic or why other brand.. Only maybe for similar price range..

Also.. Whats your take on quality (not sound but equipment) of these brands? Which one do you think offers the best quality?

Hey now yamaha 196 gettinf for 24999 with out br in reliance digital, with this cost we wont get any other HT with these features. If you want to stretch some more bucks u will get other ones, in my openion this is very gud for beginers like us

Hi SpiderBatman

All the best

Can you please suggest me some model names from Denon or Panasonic or any other brand.. Onkyo maybe at similar price range..

Also.. Whats your take on quality (not sound but equipment) of these brands? Which one do you think offers the best quality?

Hi Spiderbatman,

Apologies for the late response. I would hear both Denon / Onkyo and then decide keeping in mind budget constraints and actual requirements.

Panasonic / Philips / Samsung / Sony would be the HTiB (Home Theatre in a Box). It seems that the Sony HT IV 300 seems to be the latest budget hyped system in the market which offers all the gimmicks / features within 20k.

Most of us members have used a variety of systems over the years experimenting (using for some years then selling off for something better). We can recommend you to purchase the best which would go beyond your budget and requirements. Its best for you to audition and decide what suits your requirements and budget.

All the best.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back