YAQIN MS12B 12AX7 X2 TUBE PreAmplifier

jmascreen

I am thinking of getting YAQIN MS12B 12AX7 X2 TUBE PreAmplifier Integrated Amplifier and Phono Stage.

Would like to know some aspects like what could be the expected custom Duty also will there be any issues with shipping/damaging tubes

there are many 12ax7 tube based preamp kits. You will need to localy order a couple of transformers only. And would save money on shipping and duties too.

Yes, a fancy chassis you may miss but its all worth the money saved.

You may do tube rolling too... At least try different makes.

Read your post again. A preamp or amplifier needed ?

pre + phono

I have been using Yaqin MS 12 B for more than 10 years now. It,s a beautiful phono pre-amplifier with 2 Ax7 and 2 AU 7 valves. Very smooth sounding phono pre. One of those items I will never part with. I understand that it's one of Yaqin's early products and had very high reviews. It is solid build and durability are few of it's good features. I have also used Yaqin valve integrated amplifier which was not as good as I expected

I have been using Yaqin MS 12 B for more than 10 years now. It,s a beautiful phono pre-amplifier with 2 Ax7 and 2 AU 7 valves. Very smooth sounding phono pre. One of those items I will never part with. I understand that it's one of Yaqin's early products and had very high reviews. It is solid build and durability are few of it's good features. I have also used Yaqin valve integrated amplifier which was not as good as I expected

Thanks sir for the feedback, however my concerns is the custom duty which will be applicable has I am thinking to order it online since I don't see a possibility to carry it from abroad

Consider import duty of 35%. You can ask the seller to undervalue the invoice. But lots depends on your customs, where you are located. Yaqin is MS 12 B is good. About $200 including shipping to India.

Please avoid using this practice if the item which you are importing is still in production as latest "new stock" retail prices will be easily available for reference, online. If you get picked up, then you'd have to pay the customs duty decided by their surveyor plus a Rs.2k odd fine. This happened to one of my friends who was importing an AVR from the US. A good option would be to have a friend hand-carry it for you.

On another note, I had been to Mr. Kuruvilla's place a while ago and had heard the Yaqin. It sounded very good indeed, very smooth and polite, as smooth as silk especially with his LP12 deck. However I faintly recall him mentioning that he had replaced the stock Chinese tubes.

Consider import duty of 35%. You can ask the seller to undervalue the invoice. But lots depends on your customs, where you are located. Yaqin is MS 12 B is good. About $200 including shipping to India.

I will wait for someone to carry or pay complete duty wont go with the undervalue route.

I think its 335$ including shipping listed it in Amazon.

Please avoid using this practice if the item which you are importing is still in production as latest "new stock" retail prices will be easily available for reference, online. If you get picked up, then you'd have to pay the customs duty decided by their surveyor plus a Rs.2k odd fine. This happened to one of my friends who was importing an AVR from the US. A good option would be to have a friend hand-carry it for you.

On another note, I had been to Mr. Kuruvilla's place a while ago and had heard the Yaqin. It sounded very good indeed, very smooth and polite, as smooth as silk especially with his LP12 deck. However I faintly recall him mentioning that he had replaced the stock Chinese tubes.

Thanks Reuben, I wont go that route for sure either wait for someone to carry or pay the duty else live with alternative available locally.

I had an offline discussion with Mr Kuruvilla about it, since he was using yaqin with QUAD 303 and I am using QUAD 306 so wanted to try out.

are you looking for a tube buffer or a phono preamp or both?

they have one that does both, but its not all tube.
also they're cheaper -

are you looking for a tube buffer or a phono preamp or both?

they have one that does both, but its not all tube.
also they're cheaper -

Both as yaqin has both, trying to avoid too many wires and stuffs for ease of life

second input is a 3.5mm socket in front. just realized that it has no volume control - it has a gain switch, but its internal.

I use a little bear P3 & i have been very happy with it. it makes my bluetooth adapter sound very warm (though it makes LP's sound like 78's :D )

second input is a 3.5mm socket in front. just realized that it has no volume control - it has a gain switch, but its internal.

I use a little bear P3 & i have been very happy with it. it makes my bluetooth adapter sound very warm (though it makes LP's sound like 78's :D )

Will try to get it since the amount is very less

They come with the cheapest chinese tubes. Most people upgrade the tubes. I have tried Jan ge and Russian military tubes but my ears seem to be too wooden to notice the difference

Regarding tubes for pre section like ECC 83 and 82, I have used many of the so called matched tubes made in China and Russia. Let me tell you , the BEL tubes sound much more warmer.

I have IFI Tube Buffer plus Preamp, if you want to experiment with tube sound you can take it for some time, as you are in Pune too. It is not with Phono input but host of other features.

More on this- micro – iTube

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back