YESUDAS - The Music Wizard

Yesudas - The Only Human who could make even a GOD Asleep with his Voice.

What ever come from his throat with some air in it will turn into Magical mantra.

Iam die hard fan for Yesudas Sir's Voice. Moreover he cannot be compared to anybody in this world.
Just a Master Piece " Poomalai Vangi vandhal" and all tacks of Sindhu Bairavi will stays for ever.

Still am looking for a time to visit his performance in Chennai Sngamam, Hope not yet gifted for the same Yet.

Kumar Gandharva
His unique style of singing of fast and short tempos is what sets him apart from his contemporaries. Due to TB his lungs were considerably weakened. But still he continued singing. He was awarded Padma Vibhushan but I think he deserved more.

Yesudas - I have been regularly attending his classical music concerts at the Fort High School grounds here in Bangalore. I have been listening to his concerts on AIR and used to record said concerts onto cassettes in the 70s and 80s. I particularly like the bhajans and Tamil songs as well as Ayyapan songs that he sings towards the end if a concert. Needless to say I have been listening to his film songs in Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam as well as the occasional ones in Kannada for a long time now. His songs in Saawan Ko Aane Do and Chitchor remain my personal favourites. Of late I have turned to collecting LPs and was blessed to receive a rare LP of a young Yesudas singing Malayalam film songs!

gesepemy.jpg
evu9y7ug.jpg

Last edited:
'HAPPY NEWS FOR ALL FM's'
I've yesudas's English album 'Ahimsa' available.
If anyone wants this album copy, i'll share it free of cost.

What a gifted voice!
Yesudas fans must hear this album.

Last edited:
If anyone wants this album copy, i'll share at free of cost. Its my service to the respect of yesudas.

What a gifted voice! Ahimsa, sari sari, beauty all around, geethanjali etc few examples.

Last edited:
If anyone wants this album copy, i'll share at free of cost.(courier cost only).

What a gifted voice! Ahimsa, sari sari, beauty all around, geethanjali etc few examples.

Robin Sir, Sharing the copies is prohibited and its against the Forum Rules too :).

But let me know in case you have good Collection of KJJ Malayalam Songs in CD.Ofcourse for Money:p

If anyone wants this album copy, i'll share at free of cost. Its my service to the respect of yesudas.

Thanks indeed for the sharing spirit. But as Audio Freak already pointed, it isn't something cool to do. Not at least in public :lol:

Oh, and I DO love Yesudas. I have many of his songs and they are my favorites as well. Too bad I don't have any complete albums of his work.

Musically gifted soul like K.J. Yesudas a.k.a "Ghana Ghandharvan" is once in a millennium avathar.

He is one of the rare singers who can easily render ultimate low frequency(Bass) and High C (soprano) with elan in a single song.
E.g. Many songs.. esp. "Hari Murali Ravam" from Malayalam film "Aaram Thamburan" is one such.

Raveendran is one such Music Director could bring out many faces of K.J.Y's voice, making him to stretch to his limits.

Sharing a few records from my collection:

First Tamil Song by K.J. Yesudas [Film: Bommai. Song Neeyum Bommai. Music S. Balachandar]
Format :78 RPM: Year:1963
nYs53DT.jpg

First LP of K.J. Yesudas. '"The Best Film Songs of K.J.Jesudas"
9eINBkh.jpg

Year:1968
Contains Malayalam film songs like,'Nee Madhu Pakaroo', 'Shanku Pushpam kannezhuthumbol','Manikkya Veenayumayen', Oru Pushpam Mathramen' etc

First Non-film Album by K.J. Yesudas . Title: Malayalam Modern Songs. Year:1969. Mostly a compilation of songs K.J.J used to sing in his concerts. Music by V. Dhakshinamorrthy, M.S. Baburaj etc.

IzpvGyx.jpg

More to come...

Coming to K.J.J, I still remember my childhood days in kerala and especially at onam times..
Uthrada poonilave vaa and Maamaankam (Ulsava Ganangal).

Was an LP/EP of this ever released?

This reminds me of my college days, in class, there used to be 2 lobbies, the Yesudas fans and the Michael Jackson fans (this was the 1980s) and they would throw brick bats at each other, literally. When I joined the class, we started a thrid lobby, the Metallica fans, and it used to be a 3-way dance between the 3 goups. We had some really good fun back then. Good memories!!

Yesudas is well and trully a legend. From what I've seen in person, he is also a very humble person. Recently when I was flying to Bangalore, he was on the same flight. He came and sat with the general public in the waiting lounge. An officer came and requested him to go to the VIP lounge but he refused. He also obliged each and every person who wanted to pose with him for photographs.

Coming to K.J.J, I still remember my childhood days in kerala and especially at onam times..

when I was a kid, during Onam times, at corners (what is called Junction in Kerala), people would install PA systems and blast "Onna Poove, Poove, Poove, Onna Poove, Poove Poove......." I can never forget that.

Musically gifted soul like K.J. Yesudas a.k.a "Ghana Ghandharvan" is once in a millennium avathar.

He is one of the rare singers who can easily render ultimate low frequency(Bass) and High C (soprano) with elan in a single song.
E.g. Many songs.. esp. "Hari Murali Ravam" from Malayalam film "Aaram Thamburan" is one such.

Raveendran is one such Music Director could bring out many faces of K.J.Y's voice, making him to stretch to his limits.

Sharing a few records from my collection:

First Tamil Song by K.J. Yesudas [Film: Bommai. Song Neeyum Bommai. Music S. Balachandar]
Format :78 RPM: Year:1963
nYs53DT.jpg

First LP of K.J. Yesudas. '"The Best Film Songs of K.J.Jesudas"
9eINBkh.jpg

Year:1968
Contains Malayalam film songs like,'Nee Madhu Pakaroo', 'Shanku Pushpam kannezhuthumbol','Manikkya Veenayumayen', Oru Pushpam Mathramen' etc

First Non-film Album by K.J. Yesudas . Title: Malayalam Modern Songs. Year:1969. Mostly a compilation of songs K.J.J used to sing in his concerts. Music by V. Dhakshinamorrthy, M.S. Baburaj etc.

IzpvGyx.jpg

More to come...

Remember these. Sometime when you are in Trivandrum and I'm around, I'll bring my reel deck over to your place and tape these records (with your permission)

To my limited knowledge, Tharangini Studios switched to Audio Tape format in 80s. So "Ulsava Ghanangal" series were released in Tape only.
No idea if any limited qty Vinyls were released on that. Me too searching for the same for some years...

Remember these. Sometime when you are in Trivandrum and I'm around, I'll bring my reel deck over to your place and tape these records (with your permission)

Reuben,
You are most welcome and our meet is long awaited. It is not happening due to my travel schedules.

These discs are in Chennai and I will bring them down to TVM.

To my limited knowledge, Tharangini Studios switched to Audio Tape format in 80s. So "Ulsava Ghanangal" series were released in Tape only.
No idea if any limited qty Vinyls were released on that. Me too searching for the same for some years...

Is Tharangini closed now?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back