Your Best Audio Purchase of the Year!

The good:
Harbeth p3esr and Sangram's class A amp.Sometimes you search for a particular kind of tonality and luck favours you out of the blue.
The bad: I had to let go of my denon integrated and usher mini dancer and now I am without a phono pre and my vinyls are starting me in the face for almost the whole year. Maybe next year I shall be lucky with the Ray Samuels that I'm eyeing for a long time.
Cheers for the new year.

2019 is my remarkable year in my Home audio experience. I had all my music in my cars. This year I did a restart after 20 years almost.

After few research I settled with Dali Z3 (re-caped with Mundrof evo) and an Aluminium speaker stand from Hifimart. It's powered by my unused car audio amp Adcom GFA 4304 and Headunit P99RS.

IMG-20191231-WA0014.jpg
EDIT:
This year I am very much active in HIFIVision, transformed from a New member to an Active member.

Looking for a great year of music a head. And wish you all a happy musical year a head 2020. Cheers

For me it was

1. Acoustic Portrait Tube Pre amp
2 Discrete Dynaics DIY power amp
3. Castle Pembroke mini towers

The hero of this hobby although was an IDEA. The ideal to switch from a 5.1 setup to a simple, convenient and easy to use Stereo 2.1 setup.

MaSh

I went a bit crazy with my purchases this year:

But the biggest and most surprising change came to my system with a change in the power cords.

I took a big gamble and purchased 3M long Cardas Clear power cables from Audiogon.

All the static hissing sound from my speakers are gone, bass is thunderous, sound is clear and crisp, brightness gone. It was like upgrading my amps, or a DAC to something 2X or 3X the price.

I now don't think about purchasing power conditioners, isolation transformers, balanced transformers etc etc etc.

Quite a mind-blowing and surprising experience.

Tekton Design Moabs that replaced Tekton Design Double Impacts. Quite a change in how I experience music now. Everything sounds decompressed, effortless with more air around.

Just to be safe, I always try new speakers with an inexpensive Yamaha HT receiver that is probably 15+ years old and with that too, it sounded above average.

Only product where on the spot decision was taken within a few minutes. Heard at my friend's place, came back, put my Double Impacts on sale that got sold in 2 days, ordered Moabs.

2nd would be my 2nd Prism Sound Callia that I picked up at good price that replaced Schiit Yggdrasil in my main system.

For me it was the Edifier S1000DB. Made a custom made PC for music only running JRiver MC running on it. Connected the S1000 optically to a Asus Xonar DX. Have the system connected to my central NAS for sharing all my music. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

I must thank FM @Nikhil Sir for his thread on JRiver which I scoured from page 1 to the very end.

Also, thank-you @Amarendra for your continued help. The Wharfdale's are coming next month! :)

Wishing one and all at HiFiVision, a happy new year!!!

I rebuilt my entire A/V chain this year:
1. Sony 55X9000F TV
2. Torvin Mosfier II integrated amp and Torvin Euphonious Towers
3. Allo Katana Player for source

Got to experience and learn quite a lot this year, both about Hi-Fi and otherwise. Realized that good sound need not have to be about big brands names, lots of bucks or western ancestry. All that really matters is our love for music and loved ones, who care about us, to share the joy with.

2019 was a major system overhaul for me where I upgraded most of the components. More importantly I am very happy with the outcome and discovering more music than anytime before.

Components added : ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers, Gryphon Callisto amp , Schiit Gungnir multibit dac and some XLR , speaker cables and basic room treatment.

A picture below

HTRoomSmall.PNG

2019 was a major system overhaul for me where I upgraded most of the components. More importantly I am very happy with the outcome and discovering more music than anytime before.

Components added : ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers, Gryphon Callisto amp , Schiit Gungnir multibit dac and some XLR , speaker cables and basic room treatment.

A picture below

View attachment 42315
Nice setup ,

A picture below

View attachment 42315
Wow looks amazing! What TT do you have? The plinth looks like a beast from afar!

2019 gave a major overhaul to my audio experience. Shifted completely to stereo from HT and satisfied with the decision.
Equipment purchased-
1) Peachtree decco sky 125
2) tannoy xt mini.
3) hung between rythmik L12 and velodyne SPL 800i. Need to sort it out in a day or two.
Equipment disposed-
1) Bic America pl200
2) nad 326 bee (miss it badly)
3) Dali zensor 3
4) marantz nr1607 (about to go)
5) status centre and surrounds (about to go)

Pretty much happy with the current setup.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back