Your Best Audio Purchase of the Year!

2019 was for music. Managed to buy 30 odd fabulous pressings of various rock and jazz-blues artists; from Discogs, Rhino, Mo-fi, etc. Middle of 2020 is probably when I'll go for speaker upgrade.

2019 was a major system overhaul for me where I upgraded most of the components. More importantly I am very happy with the outcome and discovering more music than anytime before.

Components added : ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers, Gryphon Callisto amp , Schiit Gungnir multibit dac and some XLR , speaker cables and basic room treatment.

Your Music room looks excellent..

Sony X90F 65" TV | Schit Saga + | Project Pre-Box S2 DAC

Hi all...wishing you all a great year ahead. This thread has been one awesome read so far. Please keep it going :)

As for me..I think Iam finally out of the upgrade bug after 6 years of mayhem. I probably need a tube preamp.....but even that is wishful thinking :D

Oh how could i miss out on a gem of a toy I picked up late last year, a minidsp 2x4hd. It's got a steep learning curve.

MaSh

As for the audio high fidelity front. we can only expect some great offerings and good times ahead from 2020 onwards....
- there are lots of top notch DIY projects on diyaudio..
- Three will be lots of amplifier measurements and speakers measurements on audiosciencereview.com
- there would be lots of products available on Hifimart
- there are lots of diy amp projects from reputed Indian Designers
- Chinese are changing tracks from cheap hifi to affordable quality offerings
- auditions and exhibitions

alll in all. . . . g o o d t i m e s...

'Boys will be boys, better let them have their toys '
^ part of the lyrics :p

All the best
and warm regards.

cartitleimage_41589.jpg

The image above is from the web, but I finally managed to get hold of a swapped HDV820 to compliment my ever so faithful HD800S recently.
Hesitated to post this as it probably wouldn't qualify as a purchase per se. It's a lucky find, while trying to get rid of RME ADI-2 & COS H1 DAC.

Finally got my stereo setup this year Naim nait5si + Neat Motive SX2 . enjoying the music :)

Hi Abawa,
I was looking up people using naim amplifiers and came across your post.

Was wondering if you Could shed some light on how it's performing.

Since I was considering buying the nait 5si.

Thanks in advance
AG

Restarted my journey for stereo set up this year...got a naim nait 5si from FM and a new Topping dx3 pro DAC

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks in advance
AG

Hi Abawa,

Thanks in advance
AG

Naim 5si had good enough power to deliver in a decent sized room. Gud tonal clarity at low and high volumes. Very musical for jazz, instrumentals type. With my setup i miss having tonal controls - bass and treble, as i like my music on warmer side and my setup delivers on slightly brighter side. It may also sound harsh at higher volumes and cause fatigue. Looking to experiment in future with tubes and room correction.
I m no audiophile, so not sure if my observations are for Amp + Speaker combo or due to Amp only.
Hope this helps

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back