your fav. listening format - CD/Lossless/Mp3/Vinyl?

rraghuram

your fav. listening format - Tape/CD/Lossless/Mp3/Vinyl?

hi folks

What's your favourite listening format - good ole tape, shiny audio cds, lossless (flac/alac), uber popular Mp3 or a resurgent Vinyl? Personally, I listen to Flac, ALAC and now AIFF via my iPod. Please list other formats if they are missing here! I am curious to know what goes these days and if there is any truth to "vinyl resurgence"?

Last edited:
Tapes, CDs and FLACs.

But I prefer FLAC for the convenience and ease of managing everything on a PC and a player like Foobar/MusicBee makes it very easy to tag and manage an entire collection.

hi folks

What's your favourite listening format - good ole audio cd, lossless (flac/alac), uber popular Mp3 or a resurgent Vinyl? I personally listen to Flac, ALAC and now AIFF via my iPod. Please list other formats if I they are missing here!

No harm.....What you are going to do by asking this question???? already you are enjoying you stuff, keep enjoying:p

Baiju :: Why needed a poll, please discuss some useful things, there are plenty of discussion held in this topic.

Regards

Mostly MP3 - 320kbps :sad:

@Guys who are using FLAC/WAV/other lossless formats -
where do you source these from? converting from your original ACDs or downloads?

No harm.....What you are going to do by asking this question???? already you are enjoying you stuff, keep enjoying:p

Baiju :: Why needed a poll, please discuss some useful things, there are plenty of discussion held in this topic.

Regards

Hi Srini. I am just curious to know what's the dominant format people use! This question is prompted by the numerous enthusiastic discussions here about buying CDPs. This led me to believe that people do listen to audio cds & are seriously interested in buying reasonably priced CDPs. Looks like a lot of people are tripping on FLACs!

CDs and FLACs. Will soon try ripping CDs to FLAC with EAC to see if i can tell the difference on my limited gear.

@ rraghuram: "This question is prompted by the numerous enthusiastic discussions here about buying CDPs. This led me to believe that people do listen to audio cds & are seriously interested in buying reasonably priced CDPs."

I too wonder about the continued interest in CDPs given the numerous reports of CDs being phased out by 2014 due to the growth of online digital music sales and the high cost of manufacturing and distributing physical CDs.

Mine - Flac , CD and Vinyls..
Vinyls I am collecting

BTW following can be sources too
1) FM
2) AM
3) SW
4) Vinyls 45 RPM
5) Vinyls 78 RPM
6) Net Radio

Super Special Formats
1) SACD
2) DVD- A
3) Hi Resolution Digital

Some legacy formats

1) DAT
2) Reel to Reel
3) 8 Track
4) Minidisc

there are no of people who likes to enjoy music with video
so foll can be formats

1) TV
2) satellite tv
3) DVD - 5.1 Concerts
4) Blu Ray 5.1 Concerts
5) VCR
6) VCD
7) YOU tube

BTW I FEEL I FEEL IT IS GOOD SURVEY .. Request everyone to fill will all possible options..... In fact many surveys give startling results and new trends... so request many guys to participate

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back