Your Latest Vinyl Purchases...

Where do you buy most of your records from?

• Locally (Within India)

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • Abroad (Not Online shopping)

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Discogs

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Other Websites

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters

peace_sells

Hi guys,

Ok so i noticed that there's no such thread here in this section. I'm pretty sure all vinyl fanatics here get hold of new records every month/week (day? :eek:hyeah:). So go on..show off your latest purchase (Regular LPs, Double LPs, Box Sets, EPs, rare/common LPs, etc). Pictures are welcome :)

Also it would help if you could name your source (if its not too much of a secret :p). That way it would help those who're looking for that particular record.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this, but I think you should also add "all of the above" as a voting option, because I do just that. I buy a lot online, plus when I travel abroad I usually pick up at least 20-30 records. I also buy locally from Flipkart, or shops like Rhythm House. And finally, there are bazaars and local dealers from whom I also buy records. So there is no one answer I can click on the poll!

I scored a mint condition Marty Robbins Japanese Pressing LP "Hawaii's calling me" which contains his amazing vocal hit "Ka Lu A" which has some amazing yodeling. The record was a bit dusty but kind of un-used. I must say its an amazing pressing. Sounds simply amazing on the NAD 3020. The record was gifted by a friend in Trivandrum

4000127155689.jpg

I started buying vinyl from last three months or so.
I generally prefer to keep and eye on Olx/Quikr and try to buy through the same.

I was lucky to buy a lot of about 50 odd Lps from Bangalore through Olx or Quikr.
Another time friend was very helpful to carry some 30 Lps for me from Bhopal, Infact that purchase was also through Olx/Quikr.

The only new lp i bought is Dil to pagal hai is bought from Flipkart.

Most of my LPs have been bought locally, mostly from Chor Bazaar here in Bombay. However, I have also bought quite a bunch on my few trips abroad, and also from Ebay, Discogs and Flipkart. As the local sources are drying up, the latter group seems the best bet for the future.

Thanks for starting this, but I think you should also add "all of the above" as a voting option, because I do just that. I buy a lot online, plus when I travel abroad I usually pick up at least 20-30 records. I also buy locally from Flipkart, or shops like Rhythm House. And finally, there are bazaars and local dealers from whom I also buy records. So there is no one answer I can click on the poll!

If you want to select all then go ahead and do that :D Its a multiple choice poll.

I just got back home after a rather tiring day! Was passing by Jayanagar so thought of visiting Calypso. I saw this and just picked it up. Plus the Calypso owner was kind enough to give me a good deal on this. So very happy! My favourite Metallica album (maybe a tie with ..And Justice For All)!

Note from inner gatefold : "Half-speed mastered by Mobile Fidelity from the original analog tapes"

This is the 3rd 45 RPM album (12'' LP) in my collection and i have to say..all of them sound amazing! I wonder why they don't make all of them 45 instead of 33,1/3. 45 definitely sounds better. Anyone knows why?

Last edited:
Uh, pretty obvious. Then every album would be a double-LP at double-price.

There's a reason why only select albums with good following / sales opportunities get the deluxe treatment.

Though yes I'm puzzled at this not being available for, say, Pink Floyd

Lovely peace_sells. How much did you buy it for?

Congratulations Saket for finally getting your coveted Veer Zara. Good to know you visited New Gramophone House. How was the experience?
It is a good shop though a bit overpriced but that has become the case for almost all Delhi places which are still around.

Uh, pretty obvious. Then every album would be a double-LP at double-price.

Well..one of the 45 RPM LPs that i have has about 35 minutes of music on 1 LP. It sounds just as good as the other 45s that i have. Even towards the inner grooves. And the price is just the same as the regular speed LPs. So I'm guessing the technology to press around 40 minutes of music on a single 45 RPM disc exists (at the usual price). So i was wondering..

Thanks hildebrand. I got it for 1.3k. MRP is 1500.

Well..one of the 45 RPM LPs that i have has about 35 minutes of music on 1 LP. It sounds just as good as the other 45s that i have. Even towards the inner grooves. And the price is just the same as the regular speed LPs. So I'm guessing the technology to press around 40 minutes of music on a single 45 RPM disc exists (at the usual price). So i was wondering..

Thanks hildebrand. I got it for 1.3k. MRP is 1500.

Got the same LP Sealed - 300 - Yeah real steal

Was fortunate to pick up the following LP's in the Reliance Time Out Crazy Sale (All at 80% OFF MRP)
AC DC - High Voltage
Oasis Time Flies 1994 - 2009 Set of 5
Metallica - Kill 'em All
Metallica - And Justice For All
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
Pearl Jam - Back Spacer
GNR - Chinese Democracy
Lady Gaga - The Fame

Good score! I love the artwork on the Backspacer LP. I think a lot of those LPs will eventually sell out and be worth quite a bit in the future.

Was fortunate to pick up the following LP's in the Reliance Time Out Crazy Sale (All at 80% OFF MRP)
AC DC - High Voltage
Oasis Time Flies 1994 - 2009 Set of 5
Metallica - Kill 'em All
Metallica - And Justice For All
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
Pearl Jam - Back Spacer
GNR - Chinese Democracy
Lady Gaga - The Fame

What a thief! :D However the sad part is that almost all Reliance Timeout stores have shutdown.

Picked up a bunch of classicals recently:
1) Rachmaninoff - Trio No 2 for Violin, Piano and Cello - 'Elegiac'
2) Rubinstein plays Chopin Polonaises & Impromptus
3) Dinu Lipatti - His Last Recital - Besancon Festival
4) Chopin - Complete Works Polonaises performed by Polish artists
5) Rossini Quartets for Woodwinds
6) Handel Messiah Christmas Music
7) Rossini Overtures by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
8) plus 15 more non classicals that are yet to be cleaned (mainly Frank Sinatra and Perry Cuomo).

Congratulations Saket for finally getting your coveted Veer Zara. Good to know you visited New Gramophone House. How was the experience?
It is a good shop though a bit overpriced but that has become the case for almost all Delhi places which are still around.

Thanks! But I did not visit NGH personally. It was shipped by them. Incidentally, when I lived in Delhi for about 4 years, then I did not know about this place. Have got a few LPs shipped from them before too. Also, got a Shure stylus from them when I ruined mine! They are slightly over priced I feel, though for the items I bought were priced more or less in line with other deals that I was getting.

Regards,
Saket

Just got my copy of the new Flaming Lips album "The Terror". A mad psychedelic album, and very happy with the purchase.

I am, however, very unhappy with the customs. I ordered via Amazon UK, and I have ordered dozens of LPs there in the past with no issues and they usually arrive quite fast. This one took over a month to get here, and when I got it I was charged duty. That's ok, I dno't mind paying it, but the way they opened the parcel - my LP was unsealed and they gouged out a chunk of the spine and there are cut marks on the back cover. Why have they started opening LP's like this? It's making me very nervous as I have about 2-3 other records en route (including the new Pearl Jam album), and I hope they don't suffer the same fate. I like to receive my records sealed and in pristine condition - that's what I pay top dollar for.
Any other similar experiences recently?

That is really sad tek....
I too recently had ordered a few LP's from Elusivedisc....
Never ever has the lot been opened... but this time the box was slit open and one of album was opened from the plastic and put back badly...(the lp sleeve was folded)... the box was again sealed badly with the same plastic tape...
I checked with my Fed ex guy... and he said that all parcels now come via Delhi.....
And its the Delhi customs that has opened it....
Earlier all parcels came via Paris directly to Mumbai..
Now its Paris - Delhi - Mumbai....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back