Zensor'd and EQ-Max'd

kishanvkumar

After 2 months of Hifivision literature and 3 days of hifi listening, finally took the plunge and the packages have arrived. Right now purchased and a 3.1 system and will look for some cheaper surrounds.
The purchases are not any different from the countless combination already on the forum, nevertheless a +1 to the combination is a reinforcement of the confidence of these products. Not yet opened. Right now only the teaser boxes :). Thanks for the help provided.

Fronts - Dali Zensor 5
Center - Dali Zensor Vocal
Woofer - Velodyne Eq-Max 10
AV Receiver - Denon X2000

Really wanted to go for Marantz, first did not find a readily available piece at many dealers plus the dealers do discourage a lot. Not sure why, margins are less ? :) So just went with the next good one.

Other speakers Audition'ed - Polk Rti A7, Tannoy V4i, Q Acoustics Concept 20/40. Missed out on PSB and paradigm which I wanted to try out. While all speakers sounded good (especially Rti A7 for movies), thought Dali's were ticking all boxes with respect to budget and listening experience.

Will post more pictures on after installation and will come back for sure on installation and the settings to enter to get the best out of the system.

Attachments

• IMG_6664.jpg
    IMG_6664.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6665.jpg
    IMG_6665.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 199
On Impulse, by some suggestions , bought the V-Guard Digi 200 for the power protection. Not yet connected it. On this forum, there have been mixed views into using these. Any one have a strong opinion of should not be using them?.

Already have a Belkin Surge Protector. So this one would be before the Belkins. I know they don't protect from sudden power surges.
Anyways, just wanted to know, will the Digi 200 be counter productive in the setup?. Somewhere heard, the protector becomes the destroyer :(. So a little paranoid with a 3L worth of equipment on the line !.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase. Pls set it up and share the pics. I've heard in this forum somewhere that warranty can be void if equipment is used with a stabilizer/spike protectors etc. Would suggest you to read thru the clauses mentioned in the warranty to be doubly sure about this. Enjoy your setup!

On Impulse, by some suggestions , bought the V-Guard Digi 200 for the power protection. Not yet connected it. On this forum, there have been mixed views into using these. Any one have a strong opinion of should not be using them?.

Already have a Belkin Surge Protector. So this one would be before the Belkins. I know they don't protect from sudden power surges.
Anyways, just wanted to know, will the Digi 200 be counter productive in the setup?. Somewhere heard, the protector becomes the destroyer :(. So a little paranoid with a 3L worth of equipment on the line !.

Thanks for the help.

I own a DIGI 200 since an year. My locality has huge voltage fluctuations since 3 months especially during evening and night hours. Though all the equipment connected goes off and come back countless times, DIGI 200+ GM surge protector adopter + ANCHOR power strip( with fuse and RFI&EMI filter with individual switches for each socket which is very practical) never let them blew away. Vertex on the other hand which has more power stabilizing rage brought down these shut downs by 99%. Touch wood.
So the bottom line is if your locality has huge voltage fluctuations, close your eyes and buy a servo stab or online (pure sinewave) UPS. If you bought DIGI 200+BELKIN power strip as a precaution, then they suit the job.
(on a personal note I wouldn't dare/ have heart to risk such sensitive and precious equipment with such little protection. Now iam using my DIGI 200 for thread mill :lol:)

After 2 months of Hifivision literature and 3 days of hifi listening, finally took the plunge and the packages have arrived. Right now purchased and a 3.1 system and will look for some cheaper surrounds.
The purchases are not any different from the countless combination already on the forum, nevertheless a +1 to the combination is a reinforcement of the confidence of these products. Not yet opened. Right now only the teaser boxes :). Thanks for the help provided.

Fronts - Dali Zensor 5
Center - Dali Zensor Vocal
Woofer - Velodyne Eq-Max 10
AV Receiver - Denon X2000

Really wanted to go for Marantz, first did not find a readily available piece at many dealers plus the dealers do discourage a lot. Not sure why, margins are less ? :) So just went with the next good one.

Other speakers Audition'ed - Polk Rti A7, Tannoy V4i, Q Acoustics Concept 20/40. Missed out on PSB and paradigm which I wanted to try out. While all speakers sounded good (especially Rti A7 for movies), thought Dali's were ticking all boxes with respect to budget and listening experience.

Will post more pictures on after installation and will come back for sure on installation and the settings to enter to get the best out of the system.

Congrats for ur new buy. I do have also not exact but similar setup. :) Can chk from my signature.

Completed the setup. Posting some pictures. Please let me know if the placements are fine. Not that I have tons of options :) but can try and re-arrange. As of now, it exactly fits along the size of the wall. Not yet listened to the setup extensively though. Suggest if there are glaring "not to do's".

Attachments

• IMG_6666.jpg
    IMG_6666.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6667.jpg
    IMG_6667.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_6669.jpg
    IMG_6669.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 152
Completed the setup<snip>Suggest if there are glaring "not to do's".

I am completely convinced that swear new speakers sound very different a while later, about three weeks with my Zensor 5s. I am not sure whether it is my ears or the room or some unknownium in the speakers that is the agent, but I swear something good and beneficialhappens.

With my current seating arrangement I find that the tweeters are quite a bit below ear level and am scouting for an arrangement that would increase their height by 12 - 15 inches.

I have a wooden rack that is a lot smaller than what your pic shows, but I feel that it still manages to interfere with the sound - note the zensors are a little smaller than the fs in the pic. A blanket folded several times over and another on the telly in between do improve imaging.

However I am stuck with the rack and that huge plate of glass (player is headless and I need it but more to the point I will be headless if interfered with the evening addiction:rolleyes:).

I keep wondering how it would if the speakers could sing together without that kabab mein haddi in between.

I used this method Throwing Open the Window on System Performance: Achieving Proper Speaker Placement - The Audio Beat - www.TheAudioBeat.com to figure out the positioning. TEG had posted a nice link to a site from where you can get the LEDR tones. A little time taking (and may cause mild irritation in the "cockroach" intolerant) but I am completely convinced it was worth it. No toe in was necessary.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
The center speaker is too high. It should be at ear level ideally. Either tilt it downwards or keep it below the TV (in the shelf) and tilt it a bit upwards by keeping it on a piece of foam/rubber/cloth.

In the future, if possible remove the wooden rack altogether and just get a smallish storage compartment made where you can keep your AVR and center speaker. You can wall mount your TV. You will end up with a much cleaner and open look. Even the room would look bigger.

Agree with kneo's suggestion here. The place would looks so much better without that wooden rack. Did you check the sub placement elsewhere?

Getting rid of the wood rack is on the plan. it was looking ok when used on the 17 feet viewing distance on the rectangle room. Since i moved it to the shorter side, it does have a dominating effect.

I have not placed woofer anywhere else. Velodynes manual says, the best positions is the corner along the wall, Also they come with auto calibration.
Have a problem with Auddysey setup though, its keeping the woofer level at -12db while all other speakers are set around -2.5db. Will run the setup once again to see any difference. I am using mini tripod on the couch to place the microphone.

kishanvkumar,
Congrats on your purchase.Am planning to get Dali Zensoor 5,Vokal,Zensor 1 for Denon avr x1100w.Can i match the Dali with Boston Acoustics asw650 sub.And can i know the price of the Dali speakers.

kishanvkumar,
Congrats on your purchase.Am planning to get Dali Zensoor 5,Vokal,Zensor 1 for Denon avr x1100w.Can i match the Dali with Boston Acoustics asw650 sub.And can i know the price of the Dali speakers.

I did not do auditions with Boston Subs. Only sub i auditioned was Dali EF12 and if there is budget, it is worth it (around 45K). There is also a EF 9, Did not audition that though. The Dalis (front + centre) came home for around 65K.

From the initial listening, the Denon X2000 is giving very good power. I am using the same earlier surround speakers (from the HTIB bought 10 yrs back) and I am hearing many things from them for the first time. So much I have missed :(

I did not do auditions with Boston Subs. Only sub i auditioned was Dali EF12 and if there is budget, it is worth it (around 45K). There is also a EF 9, Did not audition that though. The Dalis (front + centre) came home for around 65K.

From the initial listening, the Denon X2000 is giving very good power. I am using the same earlier surround speakers (from the HTIB bought 10 yrs back) and I am hearing many things from them for the first time. So much I have missed :(
kishanvkumar,

I received the same quote of 64.5k with discount for front and center.Zensor 1 costs around 20k and e12 dali sub for 49k.So planning the Boston route.

As a setup testing, watched the Iron Man 3. Must say fully vindicates the system selection. Especially the Velodynes, keep reading about tight, punchy bass on these forums. Felt what its like though!. Did not leave out the end credits as well, as the sweet bass just rolled on. It did cost a bomb, but the bombs sounds very good :).
Separate note on settings though. The sub woofer level was at -12db. Just changed it to -6db. Did sound good. Could you tell what the level of values were after the Audyssey setup?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back