Lumin Thread

I tried a cheap amazon sfp cable, so not sure if good one would be make day and night difference. with cheap cable it did not make much difference.

We just had a switch shoot out :) (led by the network switch proponent :) and man himself @drkrack ) with SOTM, L2 and etherregen with various combinations of LPS, clocks and DC cables in the mix. Insane how small changes made a difference. So i am sure pure network isolation with fiber optic from switch all the way to streamer should be the best :)
I really doubt if there will be any differences with a better cable. Corning cable comes well recommended, in case we can find on amazon.

Recommended specific by brand etc? Can you please point where they have recommended products?

From the Lumin site:​

Gigabit Switch with SFP slot​

e.g. Trendnet TEG-S51SFP v1.1 (Amazon link)

SFP LC Modules​

A pair of the same brand and type of single-mode 1310nm SFP modules​

e.g.
StarTech SFPGLCLHSMST
or
10Gtek ASF13-24-10

Note:
1. SFP module needs to be compatible with the chosen SFP switch (e.g. If a Cisco switch is used, the SFP module must be Cisco compatible).
2. LUMIN does not support SFP+

Fibre optic cable​

LC-LC single-mode 9/125um Corning duplex fiber​

e.g. Corning ClearCurve or FS.COM

They say the list was last updated may 2022. Could be dated but i think still good to go. I noticed that Trendnet also has SFP modules which should match well with their switch.
And not that they don't support SFP+

I tried a cheap amazon sfp cable, so not sure if good one would be make day and night difference. with cheap cable it did not make much difference.

We just had a switch shoot out :) (led by the network switch proponent :) and man himself @drkrack ) with SOTM, L2 and etherregen with various combinations of LPS, clocks and DC cables in the mix. Insane how small changes made a difference. So i am sure pure network isolation with fiber optic from switch all the way to streamer should be the best :)
Thanks, I'm just a curious one trying to improve my audio playback with constant experimentation.

Anyways coming to the comparison itself, An Audiophile Switch definitely makes a huge difference for a streaming setup and one should always consider one. Difference between Clocks was very minute but its difficult to go back once you are used to clocks.
Lumin L2 benefits Lumin Streamer Ecosystem so it wasn't great with Aurender N200 probably. Afterdark was better than LHY Clock but not by a huge margin. In fact it was more of nitpicking but an enjoyable comparison.
20240428_134957.jpg

Hi
I have been following this thread for a while. so what i have gathered and drkrack also confirmed that a audiophile switch makes a huge difference . so any suggestions on what audiophile switch to buy ? sorry taking this away from lumin as this is lumin thread

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back