Headphone to replace MS-1

PbR

It's been a while since my hp pruchases.

Recently both my hps developed problems:
a) the MS-1 (bought 2007) right side driver ground to a halt. Was trawling thru head-fi and initially thought of getting another MS-1(i), but had read about the v-moda m-80. Seems a well built allrounder for my music taste. Planning to order one soon.

b) the D2000 (bought 2008) earcups have started to flake heavily. Are there any DIY/local replacements? I just do not want to shell out for J$ or other expensive alternatives.

Cheers
PbR

I assume you are talking about Grado and Denon. If you like Grado sound, stick with it. Others won't cut it for you.

Denon D2000 is a nice phone too. Agree, if you can fix it, keep it rather sell for peanuts. Head to Amazon/eBay. There are tons of stuff available to let you fix your phone. May be you end up spending a lot of money fixing it and think you could better buy a new one. But considering the peanuts you will get selling them, it makes more sense to keep them and have some DIY kick out of fixing it.

You may be right about sticking to MS1, but crazy things are known to happen during Black Friday sales

And the Denon is working fine,so not for sale!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back