HT in a small 10x12 room at around Rs 3.5L

It all depends, bro. What 4 ohm speakers are you running? How well do you know the seller? How old is the product? What kind of usage?

Also, 4 ohm speakers are a bit of a push for AVRs in general. What config are you running?
Eight Audio F26,C25&ON17. CAN I PAIR THEM WITH DENON AVR4000W?

Do 40hm speakers harm AVR?
WHAT CARE SHOULD I TAKE?

@insane79 @Nitin K Couldn't find the AB RCA cable on Amazon. So, have placed an order for MB cable and waiting. Gonna take two weeks.

@mbhangui Got a cheap Multimeter from a hardware store and have been obsessively measuring each plug point at home :D

Voltage is definitely on the higher side. (The particular subwoofer plug point has been returning 248-255 over three different measurements in night and day; rest of the plug points in the house are between 238-245)
Will measure for a few more days and see where things stand.
Hello sirs, @mbhangui @Nitin K @Yelamanchili manohar @insane79
So, as of now, have tried new power cord and plugged it to a different wall socket.

The hum has vastly reduced, in that it is barely audible, but it is definitely still there.

Try a stabilizer next? Or what could i try as next step?

Thanks again.

Hello sirs, @mbhangui @Nitin K @Yelamanchili manohar @insane79
So, as of now, have tried new power cord and plugged it to a different wall socket.

The hum has vastly reduced, in that it is barely audible, but it is definitely still there.

Try a stabilizer next? Or what could i try as next step?

Thanks again.
stabilizer will not reduce or remove hum. If you remove the rca cable to the input, does the hum become zero?

If you get hum without any inputs connected, then the fault is in the power supply. Most probably the capacitor has reduced in value, reducing the ability to remove the ac to dc conversion rippple and that will result in 50 Hz hum.

The power supply is the first thing that goes kaput with high voltage being experienced in the country.

Last edited:
Hi Kpad,

If the hum can be heard without a cable in isolation, then probably it could be an electrical issue. Don't know technically much but Bhangui ji is the electrical expert here.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back