Lg c3 vs Samsung S90c

Hello All,

I have a 5.1 setup in a dedicated light-controlled small room (11*11). I was using an LG C1 48 inches and now planning to upgrade to a bigger TV.
My viewing distance is 8 feet and my use case is 70 percent movies, 30 percent gaming.

Here are my options
  1. * LG C3 65 inch - 164k after cashback (Bajaj electronics)
  2. * Samsung S90C 65 inch - 145k after cashback (Reliance)
  3. Sony X90L 65 inch - 130k

I was set on buying LG C3 but it is out of stock in Reliance Digital in Hyderabad and they suggested going with S90C or higher-end G3.
I don't want to spend more than 2 lacs for 65 inches TV, I can buy an X90L 75-inch for the same.

For some reason, I don't have a good impression of Samsung TVs in general but after seeing reviews looks like it is a better TV than the LG C3 and cheaper as well.

I don't need a DTS passthrough feature as I connect devices via AVR.
Another limitation of S90c is the lack of Dolby vision, which I am not sure if it makes a difference.

How can I make sure to get a second-generation panel with 65 S90c?

I use AppleTV so I am not concerned about TV OS at all.

Should I just go with the known devil(C3) or try something new?

Please suggest.

As a S90C owner here are my views :

1.) Regarding Dolby Vision - I don't feel like I am missing anything. DV content falls back to HDR10 and looks great. Unless you have another TV side by side all the time, there won't be anything to compare to. My opinion is DV maybe nice to have but not worth paying even 15k-20k more over S90C.

2.) About panel generation - my TV manufactured in Nov 2023 has a 1st gen panel. I checked in the service menu. In other countries Samsung had moved to 2nd gen panels by May 2023. So either Samsung only sells 1st gen panels in India (maybe hence the competitive pricing?) or switched over to 2nd gen sometime after Nov 2023. Difficult to say unless many owners check their panels.
The pros of 2nd gen panel are the on paper increase in efficiency and panel life and the scope for matching an S95C in peak brightness for people who are willing to tinker with the settings in the service menu. If not, Samsung has anyway software limited both gen panels for the same brightness so you won't really miss anything.

How much is the S90D going for? The prices you have got are still more than the Diwali deals and considering that the successors are already out, it feels a little overpriced not being at their all time low.

How much is the S90D going for? The prices you have got are still more than the Diwali deals and considering that the successors are already out, it feels a little overpriced not being at their all time low.
S90D is more than 2 lacs and they don't have any deals for now.

RD called me and said that they would give S90C for 141k.

Sony X90L 75 inch is priced at 2.05. That looks like a better option as it will be a huge upgrade in size as well.

So now the age-old question is bigger LED (X90L 75 ) or smaller OLED (S90c 65). My viewing distance is 8-9 feet.

If you can go for 75X90L, I would say that's the better choice. The immersion would be much better. Try to get it to 1.9L or thereabouts.

The immersion would be much better
Even for 8 feet viewing distance?

They reduced price of S90C to 135 but no change in Sony’s price.

They are giving only one year warranty. Is additional warranty required? If yes is it better to take from RD or from Samsung?

Even for 8 feet viewing distance?

They reduced price of S90C to 135 but no change in Sony’s price.

They are giving only one year warranty. Is additional warranty required? If yes is it better to take from RD or from Samsung?
I’d go for the 65” OLED tbh. The difference in immersion is there but the quality difference between x90L and S90C is very big.

If it was same price or if it was 65 vs 85 then X90L would make sense. For 8’ 65” tv is gonna be good

Bajaj Electronics has turned out to be a fraud as they sent a display unit. I have returned it and booked one more from Reliance Digital.
RD promised a 2024 manufactured unit. 🤞
So bad. Was the return process smooth? What best price RD is quoting? I am also looking to buy 65 inch s90c in chennai.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back