Spotify to offer lossless streaming service

what happens to Spotify connect in devices? They are already capable of hires playback or an update is needed?

It's still only speculation...

But yes, Spotify seems to be inching towards a HiRes streaming roll out.

Spotify mp3s sound better than the competition, so I am eagerly awaiting ...

I am an Apple Music subscriber but to me, Spotify had done the most spot on suggestions of bands or tracks that I ended up liking. Like many of us, I had tried all other platforms before and nothing matches Spotify in terms of library and sugggestion algorithm.

I am an Apple Music subscriber but to me, Spotify had done the most spot on suggestions of bands or tracks that I ended up liking. Like many of us, I had tried all other platforms before and nothing matches Spotify in terms of library and sugggestion algorithm.
Yup this applies to me as well. I currently have Apple Music, Tidal & Spotify. I have Playlists synced between all three - Spotify being the primary playlist - the other 2 just being copies.

Whenever I need to explore - Spotify it is.

Yup this applies to me as well. I currently have Apple Music, Tidal & Spotify. I have Playlists synced between all three - Spotify being the primary playlist - the other 2 just being copies.

Whenever I need to explore - Spotify it is.
Chander, how do you sync the playlists ? Is there a tool or service ?

Spotify Lossless = Crying wolf

I shall believe it when I see it on my phone… working.

Spotify mp3s sound better than the competition, so I am eagerly awaiting ...
I’d like to prove a bit into this. Let’s assume Spotify mp3 sounds better than competition (even though that’s debatable). Now, how’d that translate into better lossless? Because unlike mp3, lossless quality isn’t decided by the quality of your compression algorithms. Are you implying that Spotify uses different (and better) source material than the competition?

what happens to Spotify connect in devices? They are already capable of hires playback or an update is needed?
Well, considering that Tidal Connect (playing lossless) is already there on the same devices, an updated Spotify Connect (for lossless) should work too.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back