1991 - The End of Vinyl, 2022 - Still alive and kicking!

Brought back lovely memories of my old days when I was a photography buff. My Olympus OM 10 stood me in good stead. An entry level SLR, the superb 1:1.8 50mm standard lens Zuiko lens had outstanding resolution. Though I had other cameras, starting with a Bunny (₹45 in 1972) this was a camera I liked most.

On yes , film photography is back with a vengeance since the last decade.

Is it? It has passed me by. I still have 2 Minolta Dynax bodies and several a-mount lenses sitting in my cupboard for 15 years. Recently I went up to my 3rd Nikon digital body, FF, with bunch of 2.8 lenses. Suddenly feeling like a fool.
I have fond memories of getting bulk Reala, Velvia and Astia from JJ Mehta in Dadar as nobody would stock them in Hyderabad. And Ilford B/Ws. Mukherjee-da, the last person in Hyderabad to do B/W is no more. But I am still friends with Sethu, a man of many colors, who used to do my color rolls.
Looks like I've to start rummaging again.
Where to find rolls?

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Mods please delete or make a new thread if so felt.

Last edited:
Come to Toronto, Canada, or just Google "record Stores in Toronto" . The sheer number of record stores, with the big ones having, my guess, 2,50,000 vinyl records used&new at a given time will tell you that vinyl has returned, and with a vengeance. Vinyls are now at the forefront, CDs are seen in side-racks. And there is a humongous collection of used records, one in a good condition sells for C$15. Many used ones in reasonable/good condition can be found in the C$1 bin !!! Here people really preserve their vinyl well. ATLP60 is the most common turntable at the listening station in shops. AT&T white $25 cartridge, the common one.

New ones range between 25 to 100. A Dark Side of the Moon new LP is C$30. The Wall is 50, and so on. A half-speec mastered Police LP is C$60. NO, vinyl is alive and kicking strongly.

I rememe
3 statements flashed past my mind a couple of days ago, while watching this video:

1) all things must pass
2) what goes around comes around
3) never say never

[ME
I remember my school days when I used to play the vinyls.The spinning of vinyl always attract me.When CD came into market the demand and sale of vinyls affected. But it maintained its craze among the Audiophiles.At present the seller demands very high price for a single vinyl if it is rare in nature.I enjoyed my old turn table and played all types of records.I have good collections of 78 and Lps.In comparison to western countries we have less opportunities to buy the vinyls from markets.It is really black gold.

DIA=youtube]vzm4iMmldOw[/MEDIA]

3 statements flashed past my mind a couple of days ago, while watching this video:

1) all things must pass
3) never say never

1) all things must pass
3) never say never

My interest for vinyls never diluted .when cd came into market it affects the sale of Vinyls but could not beat its quality and craze among the Audiophiles. In India we donot have much facilities to buy new vinyls like western countries. If you like any specific vinyl you have to pay very high price.I have good collection of 78 rpm and Lps .The spinning of vinyl always attract me.Truly said it is black gold .IMG-20220624-WA0180.jpg

Nice feature by NHK, Japan

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back