40 - 42 inch TV

tech_king_1

HI all,
Apologizes for the title because i am sure if you bored of title.
Basically i decided on a TV but after reading a few thread in the forum, i decided to ask. I am looking for a HD TV. I decide on LG 42LH50 .
I was quoted 56000 in a shop near Dell Inner ring road. But seeing a few bad reviews about LG panels has put me in dilemma. My budget is 50 - 60k.
i can go a little above to 65k if there is a good deal. I have Airtel DTH ( will shift to sun if more channels are offered in HD ). I have a PS3 and use it in weekends. Mostly i will watch TV. So shall i go ahead with LG 42LH50

42LH50 is not a bad choice. And it is surely better than the LH35 model that venkatcr has bought. However, if you search in this forum (television), you will find a lot of recent threads with inputs on 40-42 TVs. I myself recently bought 42LH90 for 68.5k and am very happy with it. If you can stretch your budget, I would surely recommend this model. Otherwise, please consider the below models and decide for yourself after checking these out:
Samsung: LA40B550
Sony: 40EX500
LG: 42LH50, 42LH70 - according to me, LH70 is better than LH50

I have LG LH70 My review can be read HERE and as far as I have read and researched LG is not at all bad in LCDs infact they are offering far better VFM LCDs that are at par with any samsung LCDs....

42LH50 is not a bad choice. And it is surely better than the LH35 model that venkatcr has bought.

Higher models certainly have better features. I was looking for a FullHD TV that will move to the bedroom in a few months time. I looked at the features up to LH80 and decided the LH35 is more than enough for me. Between the LH35 and the LH50 the main differences are as follows:

Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 150,000:1 (80,000:1)
Response Time(MPRT): 2ms (4ms)
TrueMotion: Yes (No)
24p Real Cinema: Yes (No)

The information within brackets is for the LH35 and the main info is for LH50. I felt these differences were not useful for me. And I got a TV with four years warranty including the LCD panel. You have to pay extra for that directly to LG.

Cheers

venkatcr,
For your need - considering the fact that you are anyway going to have a new projector setup and move this TV to the bed-room as a standby TV (as you mentioned in the other thread) - LH35 must be the right VFM choice.
But for lesser souls who will need to make do with one LCD TV - both for regular TV watching and for playing movies & maybe games - it surely makes sense to consider the full HD TVs with better features - like higher contrast, 24p (for movies), faster response time (matters only in gaming).

In any case, it is nice to know that you chose an LG model. Considering the respect you command in this forum (surely for good reasons) - it will help lift the image of LG as a brand (for TVs), specially within this forum ...

Regards.

But for lesser souls who will need to make do with one LCD TV - both for regular TV watching and for playing movies & maybe games - it surely makes sense to consider the full HD TVs with better features - like higher contrast, 24p (for movies), faster response time (matters only in gaming).

Absolutely. Choose wisely.

In any case, it is nice to know that you chose an LG model. Considering the respect you command in this forum (surely for good reasons) - it will help lift the image of LG as a brand (for TVs), specially within this forum ...

I did two things. I purchased the LG from a dealer I have been buying form for the last 15 years. If anything goes wrong, his neck is on the block. Second, I have take a 4 year warranty.

Leaving aside all that, I am enjoying the TV. The images are very nice, motion is smooth, and the the sound from the TV itself is quite good.

Cheers

recently got a lh60yr aka jazz theatre 700w (5.1 surround sound, 2ms rt , 150000:1 42 inch, usb playback for divx , 3hdmi , 2component, composite , 1 audio in and rgb connecter). FUll hd got it for 54,000 after negoating for a day..

if you are in hyd u can come for a demo.. also look for samsung 40inch b650 close to 63k.. or panasonic... 42 inch 56k( 3 year warranty)...try contacting blasto..he got a samsung plasma 42 inch and he can help you in more details abt the same.. four of us in hyd..met at his place this weekend to compare extremer and wdtv..

Hi

As some SALE is going on in singapore Panasonic P42C10S Plasma TV is avilable for 24,000/- and the same is available for 34,000/- in chennai grey market.

VIERA TH-P42C10S | C Series | Digital AV | Panasonic Singapore

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

:cool:
recently got a lh60yr aka jazz theatre 700w (5.1 surround sound, 2ms rt , 150000:1 42 inch, usb playback for divx , 3hdmi , 2component, composite , 1 audio in and rgb connecter). FUll hd got it for 54,000 after negoating for a day..

if you are in hyd u can come for a demo.. also look for samsung 40inch b650 close to 63k.. or panasonic... 42 inch 56k( 3 year warranty)...try contacting blasto..he got a samsung plasma 42 inch and he can help you in more details abt the same.. four of us in hyd..met at his place this weekend to compare extremer and wdtv..

Wow congrats.. :clapping:
Howz airtel compared to what you demoed at my home.. BTW, Is your airtel signal fixed??

Will come to your house shortly for the movies... ;) Will have a brief demo then.. :cool:

airtyel signal not yet fixed..however tv is still good from 9-10 ft distance but i was just curious that if at 30% signal quality ..tv is good ..wonder what it can do at 100%.

welcome to my place netime..i also got my z-5500 5.1 505 watts rms thx certified just remaining is the x-tremer... and a optical cable...

Finally purchased LG 42LH70YR from EZONE for 57k. I was quiet impressed. Will update more.

congratts man that is exactly what I have except I have a 47".....its an awsome LCD......congratts again ...... I think people opting LG speaks for it self about all the argument we have here.......

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back