40" LED LCD TV within 40K

latinoheatx

Hi all,

I need to buy a 39/40" LED TV for my folks in Kanpur in a day or two. I am leaning towards the Toshiba 40" PS200 for 42K and the Panasonic 39" TH-L39B6D 43-45K. I have old CRT to exchange and hence can knock of another 2K from the price quoted thus close to my budget.
The main pros for the above two TVs I could find are:
1.FHD
2.Slim bezel
3.3-Years full warranty
4.USB Playback
5.Budget
6.Good PQ

Cons may be:
After sales
Brand Name

I saw some budget offering from Philips, Videocon etc but the PQ wasn't great hence could shortlist them. The main use for the set will be to watch indian serials on Sony, Star etc no need for 3D and all. Will get a Videocon D2H HD STB along with this TV to pair with.

I need some feedback to check if the choices considered above are OK ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I need to buy a 39/40" LED TV for my folks in Kanpur in a day or two. I am leaning towards the Toshiba 40" PS200 for 42K and the Panasonic 39" TH-L39B6D 43-45K. I have old CRT to exchange and hence can knock of another 2K from the price quoted thus close to my budget.
The main pros for the above two TVs I could find are:
1.FHD
2.Slim bezel
3.3-Years full warranty
4.USB Playback
5.Budget
6.Good PQ

Cons may be:
After sales
Brand Name

I saw some budget offering from Philips, Videocon etc but the PQ wasn't great hence could shortlist them. The main use for the set will be to watch indian serials on Sony, Star etc no need for 3D and all. Will get a Videocon D2H HD STB along with this TV to pair with.

I need some feedback to check if the choices considered above are OK ?

Thanks in advance.

Btw...which led did u go for ? The panny 39b6d is an awesome set with brilliant reviews all over the Internet for its PQ.
Where did u get the 39b6d model ? I though only the 32" n 42" are available in India ?
Did u chek this out in person ?

Just go for the panny e6d eyes closed...it's a brilliant set.

I think this year more number of e6 leds will be sold due to their comparable PQ w.r.t Sonys and Sammys, and at the same time being value for money propositions.

I think this year more number of e6 leds will be sold due to their comparable PQ w.r.t Sonys and Sammys, and at the same time being value for money propositions.

Well, I misquoted...I think @latinoheatx meant the B6D n not E6D....srry. I think the B6D is there entry level direct LED tv, n I hv no clue about this model.

But yes, @dirac E6 is doing well n as I said earlier was sold out at quite a few dealers. But VFM, well as of wow not so much, I've been told the prices have increased quite a bit of tvs. But, still compared to the Sony n Samsung, still makes it VFM that too with built in wifi etc.

I bought the Toshiba PS200 @ 42K. Hooked it with Videocon HD STB and the PQ is awesome :yahoo:. I need an external speaker with it though since as expected bass wasn't there.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back