48-50" LED TV < 50K - DLED or Edge LED ? Please advice.

krishnadeva

Hi All,

I am in search for a 4850? LED TV since 6 months. Requirement is a good quality, durable, not so expensive LED TV.

Should I buy a DLED or EdgeLED ? Whats more durable ?

VU CEO Devita says,DLED is not actually LED.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPyiNXJudFc

Then started online research found theres no real LED TV as Actual LED displays are the ones put up as billboards, etc, so all the current TVs are LCDs backed up with LED display technology(LearnTV LED TVs and LCD backlighting). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDAirRyMj34

Read that picture quality not only depends on the TV, but the lighting in the room, contrast/color settings, source(STP/content) quality, etc.

Budget is also a constraint not >50 or 55K(as I read online reviews that even best of best Sams/Sos panels died in 2/3 years. One of my friends Sams 40? Smart LED TV died just after 1 yr warranty, on 14th month and hed to replace it with 15K). LG 49LF540 is at 59K, but did not feel it appealing. Rest of 49? from LG/Sam/So are >70K.

So I plan to take a dumb TV with probably an extend warranty and make it smart with either a Raspberry Pi or a Chromecast.

All the below TVs quote LED Display Type: Direct.

Buy Philips 122cm (48) Full HD LED TV Online with BBD Offers! at best Prices In India
Buy Vu 127cm (50) Full HD Smart LED TV Online with BBD Offers! at best Prices In India
Buy Vu 127cm (50) Full HD LED TV Online with BBD Offers! at best Prices In India

Saw some of Sony/Samsung TVs quote Edge LED.

Direct allows local dimming, etc, but Edge tech might create patches/clouds while displaying blacks. What gives a better viewing experience ?

Felt Direct LEDs are prone to risk, saw an old Sony TV display a dead pixel with a horizontal line - not sure if it was direct/edge/even a LCD, as there are more # of LEDs like 250800 compared to Edge ~100. I am assuming, more LEDs mean more risk of quick damage and less durable, so should I go for a Edge LED ?

Or even DLEDs are good to go for durability ? Please share your thoughts/advise. What do you suggest with all these constraints ? A VU/Philips/Infocus/Videocon ? A person reviewing a Philips TV told dont go with VU/Vid/Micromax as they are very cheap and they are cheap for a reason. 40 inch Philips 4758 did not detect 1TB harddisk. Sony 3D LED 48" Costs about 88K.

Also from online sources, Customer Care service is very bad for all 3 above(at least in India). Been twice to VU center in Bangalore and it was closed, w/o a notice board. one was a friday festival - eid, saturday was also closed. Doubt its after sales service.

Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back