5.1 Setup for Dali Ikon 6 ???

Rahul

Dear Friends,

I have finalized on the Dali ikon 6 (Mk2) and Vokal 1 (Mk2) as the speakers for my 5.1 home theater which will be setup in a dedicated room of 21' (d) x 15' (w) and 8' (h). My usage will be 40% music, 40% movies and 20% tata sky.

Now I need your suggestion on the AVR, Surrounds, and Sub. My budget for the 5.1 setup excluding projector is arnd 2 lac. For the Ikon 6 and Vokal 1, I have been quoted arnd 95k. That leaves me with 1.05 for the remaining equipment. I had the following in mind - Marantz 6006 (arnd 62k), Polk FXI A4 (arnd 20k) and sub (arnd 50k).

Please let me know what you think on the setup and the pricing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Go for a good AV processor and a multichannel amp. For sub you can look at HSU, SVS , Earthquake and outlaw subs. Surrounds I will try go with same brand if possible. :)

Audition these, surrounds WHarfedale 10 DFS,, as investing more on Surrounds is not worth, for Subwoofer,, recommendations would be SVS, Velodyne (CHT12Q) or Def Tech SUpercube (i, ii or iii....i being the best and most expensive).. And DALI Matches well with Denon,,, so recommended AVR Would be definitely Denon 2312

Go for a good AV processor and a multichannel amp. For sub you can look at HSU, SVS , Earthquake and outlaw subs. Surrounds I will try go with same brand if possible. :)

I agree with Kittu. Go for Emotiva combo or ping Santhosh for his used stuff(Adcom Combo) if its not sold already.

Regards.

Edit: Sorry, Santhosh's stuff is for stereo setup.

Last edited:
Dali speakers are built in admiration of music ... they are the best congrats on your purchase.. your avr has to be a denon, model you choose but denon and dali are made for each other and you wont need a stereo setup bcoz denon and dalis are very capable competitors once you listen to them nothing else ever really comes close

Use most of your money on the front three.
Later add a sub.
You can ignore the rears for now. If the front three are good, you would not need surrounds right away. You can always add them on later.

Once you start squeezing the budget to buy everything in a fixed amount then the system suffers.

If I were you pick the front two and a A/V processor. That would be great.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just want to quickly ask you guys why denon is suggested over the marantz 6006 for the ikon 6 ?

All the dealers i have spoken to suggest the marantz 6006 even though they sell denon avr's also. In fact they have also given me the option of fixing both and seeing which is better, so they can't have any profits motives here.

Denon is an excellent AVR, but the Dali Ikon 6 deserves better. Two electronics that go extremely well with Dali are NAD and ARCAM. I think ARCAM AVR would be clearly out of the budget, but a NAD T757 or a NAD T777 would be an excellent partner to Dali. I agree with a forum member's suggestion that a Subwoofer can be considered at a later stage. The Dali Ikon 6 MK2 is supposed to be much better in the bass region than MK1. A surround is very important for a true movie experience and I always recommend matching speakers all around (sometimes you may want to listen to multichannel music).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back