55 inch 4K, HDR Dolby Vision TV

Indumathiz

Hello All,

Looking for a 55'' 4k HDR Dolby Vision TV. Due to space, cannot go above 55". Viewing distance is about 8 to 10 feet. Quite happy using different SONY TV's over the years, but I think LG is good as well. Would an OLED be apt?

I do not have any idea about brands in India like Mi, One Plus, etc., hence would prefer to stick with known names like Sony, LG, Panasonic.

Mostly OTT content and access to a huge library of true bluray 4k rips. Sound from the TV is of no concern as a home theatre is planned soon. Currently, would have to use the OS on the TV untill the HT is setup - mostly with a device like nVidia or similar. Viewing is generally in dark to semi dark ambience.

Prefer something which is priced under INR 150,000.

Thanks in advance.

I do not have any idea about brands in India like Mi, One Plus, etc., hence would prefer to stick with known names like Sony, LG, Panasonic.
If you don't mind spend additional money , then go ahead with SONY especially their Android OS TVs.
Look at Samsung as well, they make great LEDS & OLED Displays.
I do have Samsung 55" 4k smart TV and quite happy with it.

If you don't mind spend additional money , then go ahead with SONY especially their Android OS TVs.
Look at Samsung as well, they make great LEDS & OLED Displays.
I do have Samsung 55" 4k smart TV and quite happy with it.
Samsung does not support Dolby vision, and it does make a difference in the streaming apps!

Samsung does not support Dolby vision, and it does make a difference in the streaming apps!
Ok, I thought their latest models will support Dolby Vision. As per news Samsung decided not to support Dolby vision.
I doubt all SONY TVs also will support Dolby Vision.
Samsung support HRD10+ , Not sure how much Dolby vision going to make difference than HDR10+.

Ok, I thought their latest models will support Dolby Vision. As per news Samsung decided not to support Dolby vision.
Samsung support HRD10+ , Not sure how much Dolby vision going to make difference than HDR10+.
hi,
prime video and apple tv+ app supports HDR10+

There are TVs which support both, 10+ and DV are same method, dynamic metadata - But DV is proprietary, and HDR10+ is not! My bet is to get a TV which supports both (Major are Netflix and Disney+HS for DV)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back