55 inch tv suggestion

prashanth.k

Hello

I am looking for a new 55 inch TV and currently short listed the following models

Samsung Q70R - 95K
Sony X9500G - 1.11L

Which among this will be a better bet or any other models worth considering in this price range ?

I will be mostly using it for OTT content and the TV will be placed in a bright living room, so not considering OLED models.

Thanks in advance

Go for Sony. Even LG also is good option. Moreover It is cheaper than Sony etc. (4K version)

Q70's FALD algorithm opts for highlight suppression and black crush for blooming control, while Sony lets blooming happen in order to present more details. It gets brighter too. So for a bright living room, go for the Sony.

This comparison video gives some high level idea about the Samsung and Sony FALD tvs. Even though this video about the 2020 models, we can get some better understanding in terms of HDR performance, upscaling and other picture processing blah..blah..

Personally I find this reviewer(Vincent Teoh) is far better than other reviewers on the internet...

Which Non OLED model in LG is comparable to Sony X9500G ?
Sorry dear I am not aware the Model No. right now. I had narrow to Sony and LG at the time purchasing of TV 2 month back. Finally I opted for Sony TV. However, LG 55 model was almost 15-20k cheap than sony. 50"

Thanks

Dont go for Non OLED model of LG . LG uses IPS panels. If you want a comparable model to Sony 950G that would be Samsung Q80R (Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision though).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back