7.1 surround

sunil Pereira

hi there all ,

will highly appreciate if anybody can assist on this matter .... i am using 7.1 onkyo reciever but my speaker system is 5.1 . if i connect 2 more rear speakers and make my speaker system 7.1 and play 5.1 sound format blu ray will it work ? will there be a sound difference ? sorry for my ignorance i am new here and still learning :)

Hi, yes, the big difference between 5.1 and 7.1 is the latter format will widen the sweet spot of your listening position with the additional 2 rear surrounds. 7.1 is always better than 5.1 if the speakers are positioned correctly. Your receiver (if it can decode atmos, dts x) will be able to upmix dolby surround and dtx neural x to expand 5.1 source into 7.1. Hope this helps.

hi there all ,

will highly appreciate if anybody can assist on this matter .... i am using 7.1 onkyo reciever but my speaker system is 5.1 . if i connect 2 more rear speakers and make my speaker system 7.1 and play 5.1 sound format blu ray will it work ? will there be a sound difference ? sorry for my ignorance i am new here and still learning :)
The receiver will automatically scale up when you hook up more speakers to it.

MaSh

I suppose the overall rated power output will be divided by 5 speakers rather 7. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Also the load on AVR will be lower and heat generated will be lesser compared to running a 7 speaker setup.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back