A FHD 50+" size screen under 70K INR.

driverace

Guys,

I am exhausted :D

I have looked at various options at Amazon/FK.

I want to buy a TV with a GOOD FHD (at least) 50inch+ screen size under 70,000 INR.
( I have extended my budget from 55K to 70K, with the expectation that I can have a good experience for next 3-4 years).

Usage pattern-

Mostly the TV is going to be used, connected to Laptop (HDMI) - youtube/online movies streamed beyond 720p or with HDD (to watch HD/Bluray movies) - So, I am just fine with non-smart TV.
No regular Settop box or rarely any SD content. (we can watch SD content on our laptop, if need be)
The room lighting is controlled and can be made fully dark if required.
Room size is 10'x15'8". (TV will be placed along the length).
We also have a Philips 2.1 Speakers to take care of sound.

So far, my finalists are -

1. Panasonic 58D300DX @ 62-67K INR

2. Infocus Infocus 60" Sharp Gen 10 Panel @53000 INR

EDIT- The price just went through the roof at Amazon, now sits at 70K INR :mad:
All this while, I couldn't order this TV, since it only showed "Free scheduled delivery" option, and said, "Not available" when I hit continue.
Now, with 70K INR price, it goes ahead straight to order page. :indifferent14:

3. Philips Philips 49inch 4K with 5 year warranty!
I know, I am not after 4K, but here, I get 4K with 5 year warranty on TV, so peace of mind, I guess.

Adding some unnecessary confusion-

4. Vu
55K160 (older Vu TV) at 44K INR

Vu 50inch 4K with Pixelight or something like that from 2017 @ 51K INR

5. Lottery chance with TCL L55P1US 4K 55 inch 4K @ 49K INR

Doesn't look like my priorities are clear! :rolleyes:

But, please feel free to suggest from the better brands out there, If it can come below 70K, I will get it.

Thank you sanchits, Athek and others for listing Vu TV, Philips, TCL aftersales woes. That kept me away, until now, from ordering these right away!

Cheers,

Ace.

Last edited:
Guys,

I want to buy a TV with a GOOD FHD (at least) 50inch+ screen size under 70,000 INR.
( I have extended my budget from 55K to 70K, with the expectation that I can have a good experience for next 3-4 years).

Infocus 60 inch on Amazon is a Joke.. I had been trying to checkout for a very long time and it doesn't for some strange reason :eek:hyeah:

Anyways, since you are not after 4K & if you like the biggest screen with FHD, you can get the Infocus from Flipkart for 66K.. Wait for some festive offer, you might get 2 -3 K discount with Citibank / Axis / SBI credit card..

Infocus 60 inch on Amazon is a Joke.. I had been trying to checkout for a very long time and it doesn't for some strange reason :eek:hyeah:

Anyways, since you are not after 4K & if you like the biggest screen with FHD, you can get the Infocus from Flipkart for 66K.. Wait for some festive offer, you might get 2 -3 K discount with Citibank / Axis / SBI credit card..

Guess What!
That's not deliverable in my region pin codes :lol:

What would you pick from the other options? In what order? At what price?

Thanks,

Ace.

Guess What!
That's not deliverable in my region pin codes :lol:

There are some FM who have tried from few other locations in India, and they were not deliverable to any of the pincodes..

I had even raised a complaint with amazon.in in facebook & e-mail to rectify the issue.. Think this was more than 6 months back..

But deliberately, Amazon India has not corrected it nor removed the listing..

What would you pick from the other options? In what order? At what price?

Thanks,Ace.

Having seen multiple panel failure threads within 4 yrs of ownership in this forum and a victim myself (Sony TV), i would urge you, to choose/chase a brand who offers maximum warranty period for the panel (Or) atleast someone who offers extended warranty as an option..

5 Yrs with Philips looks lil suspicious.. Please check with Philps India before you decide to purchase..

Of the models you had suggested, 55 inch VU looks VFM, for its low price.. For an other 4 -5K you can buy 2 yrs extended warranty from the manufacturer..

So biggest screen, lesser price, extended warranty. Finally peace of mind for 3 yrs of ownership :)

Last edited:
since you are ready to spend 70k just stay away from philips, Vu, Infocus, Tcl and such. Buy from LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic only. New Tv from panasonic featuring hexa chrome Engine are quite good. Lately I am seeing that prices for Tv have shoot up

Just extend your budget by another 13 k rs and buy lg 49 uh770t for 83k
Buying a fhd tv when 4k tvs are available is a sin and a big mistake,I have both in adjacent room,so I should know.

Guys,

Usage pattern-

Mostly the TV is going to be used, connected to Laptop (HDMI) - youtube/online movies streamed beyond 720p or with HDD (to watch HD/Bluray movies) - So, I am just fine with non-smart TV.
No regular Settop box or rarely any SD content. (we can watch SD content on our laptop, if need be)
The room lighting is controlled and can be made fully dark if required.
Room size is 10'x15'8". (TV will be placed along the length).
We also have a Philips 2.1 Speakers to take care of sound.

So far, my finalists are -

1. Panasonic 58D300DX @ 62-67K INR

2. Infocus Infocus 60" Sharp Gen 10 Panel @53000 INR

EDIT- The price just went through the roof at Amazon, now sits at 70K INR :mad:
All this while, I couldn't order this TV, since it only showed "Free scheduled delivery" option, and said, "Not available" when I hit continue.
Now, with 70K INR price, it goes ahead straight to order page. :indifferent14:

3. Philips Philips 49inch 4K with 5 year warranty!
I know, I am not after 4K, but here, I get 4K with 5 year warranty on TV, so peace of mind, I guess.

Adding some unnecessary confusion-

4. Vu
55K160 (older Vu TV) at 44K INR

Vu 50inch 4K with Pixelight or something like that from 2017 @ 51K INR

5. Lottery chance with TCL L55P1US 4K 55 inch 4K @ 49K INR

Doesn't look like my priorities are clear! :rolleyes:

But, please feel free to suggest from the better brands out there, If it can come below 70K, I will get it.

Thank you sanchits, Athek and others for listing Vu TV, Philips, TCL aftersales woes. That kept me away, until now, from ordering these right away!

Cheers,

Ace.
Your most welcome but stay from from Philips 49put7791 due to the Backlight bleeding issue as I've multiple times pointed out and have posted photos but only due to product defect and not after sales. I must add that Philips TV after sales is top notch and up there with the best, no two ways about it it's just the product itself locks the proper quality control.
Tcl, infocus etc... I am staying away and have finalized the LG 49lh547a... I plain Jane Mon smart fhd Tv right below my budget of under 50k.
My budget is strictly 50-52k and I would rather buy an oled 3yrs down the line instead of getting a 4k led now when I personally don't see any use of 4k as of now.
After exchanging 4 tvs in the past month including tcl and now Philips and getting refund hopefully within the next week for the Philips 49put7791... That I will have to stick with established brands like lg, Samsung, Sony and lg be in the most vfm among these and meets my requirements of a non smart tv andooks n feels premium and I've already bought amazon fire stick which is way better then any inbuilt smart tv software's.
If ur ok with 50" and don't want to spend 70k, then look for LG LEDs... The same one or in ur budget u csn go for the 55inch one but then that will be smart... My model doesn't come in 55". Post 49 inch all are smart.

With 70K budget and seeing your requirements why not a Full HD Projector? Makes much more sense to buy a TV when you can have twice the bigger screen for the same price with comparable picture quality when the room is dark.
Worried about the lamp life I am sure, will last you 3 years, heck most panels are lasting that duration unfortunately. Change the lamp after that and you are as good as new, watching movies will never be the same and you will never be able to get back to a TV.

With 70K budget and seeing your requirements why not a Full HD Projector? Makes much more sense to buy a TV when you can have twice the bigger screen for the same price with comparable picture quality when the room is dark.
Worried about the lamp life I am sure, will last you 3 years, heck most panels are lasting that duration unfortunately. Change the lamp after that and you are as good as new, watching movies will never be the same and you will never be able to get back to a TV.

Wow, I would love to explore a projector :D

What size screen/display can I expect, with good clarity?
What price!
What brand :yahoo:

Haha.

There I go watching videos and reading on forums, again.

Ace.

Look at Epson TW5300, fits snugly in your budget, and fits the bill in every way. I am an Epson fan as I own one, but do explore other options such as BenQ, Optoma among others.
You can even look at LED projectors from LG, which are essentially a TV without the panel. LEDs have a life of 30K hours, so no need to check the lamp usage after a long session.
The downside is that LEDs have a lot less actual lumens than a conventional DLP or 3LCD projector, so important for the room to be pretty dark. If you can achieve that then they make perfect sense.

Epson EH-TW5300 - Epson 3D Glass Not Included: Amazon.in: Electronics

How big is your room, check out the projection calculator on the site of all major manufacturer for a particular model, generally speaking you can quite easily achieve a 100" or greater screen size with a projection distance of 9' or so.

LG PH550: Minibeam LED Projector With Built-In Battery: Amazon.in: Electronics

LG MiniBeam PW800G LED Projector: Amazon.in: Electronics

Happy hunting!

I got a Videocon 55 inch full Hd with 3 year warranty from vijay sales in mumbai for 55000 about 1.5 years back. No issues so far. It's not a Sony or LG or Panasonic, but my priority was a big screen and it does the job for me brilliantly.

Can go with TCL or VU 55" 4k TVs. I haven't seen VU but TCL around 46k is a great buy for its colors, black levels and contrast. They come with 1.5 years to 3 years warranty.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Do let us know whatever you end up buying. Since a lot of Tv's don't have reviews, a personal hands on experience makes it easy for someone else to make a purchase decision.

Guys,

Thank you for sharing experiences and views here.
My requirement was actually "just a HD screen" as big as possible with a decent budget.
I found out (credits- @elangoas), that a projector setup can very well deliver what I want.
I lowered my budget to 27K INR and got a 1280x800 native res. Projector (P531 - Egate), and I am currently in the process of setting it up.

If you are interested in details & images/etc, please check it out here-Budget Projector setup thread

I will still continue to run my 32" TV to watch when it's day time, or when we are not in mood for the big picture. Lol.

----

Best case scenario-
1. I love the whole Projection technology & upgrade eventually to a 4K / 3D projector setup.

Worst case scenario-
I don't quite like the Projector setup - So, I end up using projector only for movie nights/ TV series watching once in a while, and get back in the TV market after saving enough for OLEDs.

Current scenario
I am impressed with what the mid-range-budget PJ can do.
1280x800p with 100" screen does make a good combination, which will most prolly keep me engaged for a while.
As long as I have 720p+ content, The projector does a fine job.
If it's such, with a rebranded basic PJ, I am definitely looking forward to a better PJ - in a year or so.
Current setup is definitely looking good.

Cheers,

Ace.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back