A very old TV and a digital decoder

oglio

Listen, people, I tried to connect a digidal decoder to my grandma's old TV (and I mean OLD), which doesn't have any other cable entry than the aerial input. I tried to use an ordinary aerial cable but nothing worked.

I heard it's impossible to connect a TV with such an entry with a new decoder? Is is true?

If the decoder has composite out then use a composite to RF converter. The PQ is not good with such converters. Better buy a new TV.

Get it, unfortunatelly. A friend of mine told me I should use a kind of a modulator but I guess a new TV will be simpler, thanks ;)

Old Analog modulator will be cheap (<500 Rs) if you find one with your local cable operator. It would take AV input and give out RF output on fixed channel (UHF-VHF).

Something like this

Thanks so much. I'll remember that. But I've managed to get a new-old TV, because my friends were buying a new one and gave me their Philips which works with digital receiver.

the decoder should have a RF out that can be used to connect to RF in of the tv.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back