Abnormal sound inside subwoofer

arpit125e

I have purchased Magnat Sub-300 thx subwoofer few days ago,while playing I’m hearing abnormal sound on few beats like tik tikon pressing cone it stops.
Anyone having suggestion.

Attachments

• 3083BD72-6597-41F6-8B1A-3A36F0E26A9B.jpeg
    3083BD72-6597-41F6-8B1A-3A36F0E26A9B.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 30
I have purchased Magnat Sub-300 thx subwoofer few days ago,while playing I’m hearing abnormal sound on few beats like tik tikon pressing cone it stops.
It may be over working, you need to turn down the gain (using physical volume button) and check with same music/content

Should not sound like this, does it have the issue at low volume levels? Was the issue from day one?
A very long shot, my guess is that it could be due to some time needed for the sub to get over the initial run in period.. But better to have the unit checked and replaced with dealer if faulty.

I've similar vibration noise when I turn up the volume control to a 11, is it common. It goes away when I turn it down.

The screws that hold the cone to the cabinet could have gotten loose, happens some times during transit.
If you have an allen key kit, you can try tightening them abit. Don't use too much force.
If that doesn't solve the issue then probably contact the dealer you bought it from.

Cheers..

Since audio is not posted, cant guess about it.
But I had encountered rattling on new PL-300 on lower frequencie & volume. With no help in vicinity, I checked inside by removing thr driver & found that the horizontal bracing behind the driver was not tightly held in the wall joint & it was the source of rattling sound. I fixed it with fevicol marine and sound is gone now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back