About Manu's UMC-1 sale offer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

surinder1508

Well guys yes it is bit of immaturity from Manu's front about how to carry sale in an online forum but I assume he had no experience with such kind of act before and cmsajith have every right to get angry with him. yes he should not back out if there was a deal done so I rang him up about whole story as I can't believe that Manu can back out from his promise he told me that cmsajith offered him a price and Manu asked him the postal address by thinking it will be required if he had to ship the unit but he demanded him bit of time at same time to think about his offer and other options too and told if the deal will be finalized with him he will ship the unit to him but neither he has been asked nor he given the payment options as the deal was not done by that time according to Manu and after that he got better offers for his product. Please read reply # 6 and up-till then where did Manu confirm that deal is done? And Manu haven't started any bidding on its own if one person is waiting for a better offers without confirming with anybody can't be characterize as bidding AFAIK. And just look at reply #39 we can found how innocent Manu is letting his expectations to be known by others that he is looking between 25to 30K and by knowing that who will give him 30K as anyone will and should try to make the product come his/her way at least possible price.

But I think he is not cheater by any means as he had made it sure that the offered unit is in working and stable condition before putting it here for to grab by checking the unit with three full length movies in three days and one of those movie was accompanied by me as well.

Let me tell few more facts as well once manu had the three offers of 40k for this very unit from three different persons (including Lokesh the original seller/dealer of this very unit) as upgrade bug was striking once more to Manu but he had not finalized the deal with anybody out of them as he was expecting bit more and that was the time when this unit had no issues but two days later right surround channel stopped working and Manu had to contact with Emotiva and after a long period of troubleshooting with no positive outcome with this unit Emotiva gave a replacement unit to Manu and told Manu there is no need to send first unit back to them.

But then few days back he tried for a last time firmware upgrade on this very unit and voila miracle happened that time for his good luck as it worked. Yes he tried it many times earlier as well during troubleshooting as guided by Emotiva but with no positive results then. And then again after having suggestions of fellow forum members he made Emotiva aware about current condition of the unit and Emotiva people let Manu keep the unit even then so he have every right to do with it what he want to do.

And Manu had all these three offers opened to him meanwhile but he rightly and honestly informed the whole story to all of them and he told that there is no warranty from Emotiva on this unit anymore and offered amount by you guys is not justified in this new scenario so he opened for sale thread in related section in this forum at even lower asking price.

I have purchased so many products from Manu with no issues at all like Polk's DSW PRO 600, TSi 500, TSi 200, CS 20, ONKYO 807, Sony VPL AW 15, two of V-GUARD servo and list goes on and on.

cmsajith may had his hard luck with his onkyo 606 purchase episode but then again Manu haven't send him damaged unit AFAIK it looks like damage has been done during transportation and yes it is the duty of the seller to make sure that the product should reach to the buyer undamaged but manu may have thought that he have packed it safely enough that the unit will reach to the buyer undamaged but it didn't happened so he bear the losses of cmsajith in this trade which was Manu's moral duty too so what is the complaint for on that front.

I tell you an another story which happened to me. Once I purchased Logitech Z5300 three years ago from a dealer in Chandigarh after few weeks I found driver of sub gone damaged I asked for rectify the problem from that dealer he given me Logitech service center contacts so I had to and did courier the whole stuff to the service center in the original packing with no physical damages whatsoever but after more then waiting period of two months the same old stuff came back to me by courier with so many physical damages and Logitech people told me that they can't fix the issue cause they haven't received the stuff in a condition that it should be. I contact the courier company they told me that the damage had not occur during transportation so both the parties got away without giving me any kind of claim and mind it those are big companies.I told you that story just for letting members aware that if one wants to get away unchallenged than he can do it easily here in India but Manu did not done that in Onkyo 606 trade.

Last edited:
Nice backup, Surinder.

I was not at all interested to talk about the episode which I dont want to remember again. Since you had send a message with some cookedup stories, I am writing this reply.

You are just been brain washed by Manu by telling stories other than facts.

Now he can say the address was asked for just name sake or for keeping in his Diary or something else. Since the deal was done through phone, I wanted to get a written proof of confirmation. So I had send him an SMS asking "Whether he will be able to ship it by today itself". For that he replied saying, Not possible now as he is out of station for vacation and on Monday he will be back. Meantime in the evening he will ask DTDC couriers to find out the shipping details. Later I asked "when will you be shipping it, on Monday?". For that SMS he replied "Yup in evening" (exact SMS wording). All the SMS transactions from his mobile is there in my mobile and if required I will post the screen shots. NOW WHAT ELSE YOU REQUIRE TO PROVE WHETHER THE DEAL IS DONE OR NOT? What the hell he thinks about himself asking the shipping details and sending the shipping confirmation and telling later that he did it by thinking something else or for something else.., is it a joke? Did he ask all these details from others whoever had contacted him? So based on this I had posted as Deal done in the forum. Also I never told that I had done any payment to him (Check the sentence, "What if, I had ..."). If I didnt see his backing out post in HFV, I would have transferred the amount.

"but he demanded him bit of time at same time to think about his offer.."
This happened when I called him once I saw his backing out post in HFV. He never asked any time to think during the deal and he asked the time till evening to get the DTDC courier details.

The payment details are with me which he had given for the previous 606 sale. I had made the online transfer at that time and the same thing was about to happen this time also.

"But I think he is not cheater by any means as he had made it sure that the offered unit is in working and stable condition before putting it here for to grab by checking the unit with three full length movies in three days and one of those movie was accompanied by me as well."
But the Emotiva forum tells a different story. He clearly mentioned there that he had another UMC-1 from his friend and is working proper in his setup and he tested it for 1 full day without any issues, but no luck with the remaining 2. So we can see different versions of the story. If it is working, then he was not telling the truth there.

"But then few days back he tried for a last time firmware upgrade on this very unit and voila miracle happened that time for his good luck as it worked."
How long? He mentioned in Emotiva forum that it worked just for 4 or 5 mins each time he tried the FW upgrade. Even the day he started the sale thread, he was asking the solution from Emotiva. Also why is he buying another Pre board from Emotiva for this UMC?

Regarding the 606 sale, you have no idea what was happened. The deal was made and agreed to share the shipping charges also (50:50). I never told that he had send a damaged unit, please go through the post again. I had clearly mentioned that because of his packing it got damaged. Can you imagine, shipping an 15kg amp in a cloth wrap with "SPONGE PIECES" for protection and another outer white cloth to cover all. Then for what else did I pay the shipping charges, do I need to go and pickup as he never told me to do during the deal. He also told me that he will get a new carton from the dealer or his 807's carton so that I dont have to worry about the packing, but I NEVER KNEW THAT ONKYO GIVES 807 IN A CLOTH WRAP. It would be a great surprise if it had reached safely. Moreover I had asked for the warranty card for which he told he will send me the duplicate bill from the dealer which was enough to get the warranty (I told him clearly before the deal that on inquiring the onkyo either the warranty card from chennai office or the bill is required to get the warranty), BUT it was just a hand written bill on a small sheet of paper. But when I informed about the condition of the amp he agreed to give the repair charges and so I forgot the whole mishap happened eventhough later I had to take a small portion of that also from my pocket. IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS NEGLIGENCE MADE THE AMP DAMAGED DURING THE SHIPPING.

"it easily here in India but Manu did not done that in Onkyo 606 trade. "...
I really appreciate his effort in helping me in solving the 606 issue since it was his fault (and my bad luck) and its only because of that I went ahead with this deal even after w/o warranty.
Do you think after doing that whether he will be able to come back to this forum for asking questions..? Since I dont want to spoil his name I didnt disclose it until he disclosed in that thread thinking that he has done a big thing. If he backed out at that time, its for sure that on googling his name or anything related to him will give multipage results and there would not have been any For Sale thread for UMC-1 here. And the amount which I had spend would be under my miscellaneous expenses for that month. Boss, Credibility is having a lot of value...

Last edited:
Since I have more than enough proofs for what I have said, I am in no way interested to do any postmartom on this. So no more replies from me.

Last edited:
Hi,

Surinder,there seem to be some contradictions in what you state in your post and what Manu has posted in his thread.

You say that Manu did not confirm the sale to cmsajith,however Manu(post #18) in his reply to cmsajith's post apologises to cmsajit for backing out of the deal .

Originally Posted by cmsajith
Manu, Is this an auction? The deal was closed,right? I had specifically asked you for confirmation which you told, yes and you asked me the shippping address which I had send to you in the morning thinking that the deal is done. Anyways goodluck with your sale/auction...

i'm really sorry i know i said that but after that i think of some more money

hope u understand brother don't get mad on me

You mention in your post that Manu had three offers of Rs.40,000/- including one from Lokesh.

Let me tell few more facts as well once manu had the three offers of 40k for this very unit from three different persons (including Lokesh the original seller/dealer of this very unit) as upgrade bug was striking once more to Manu but he had not finalized the deal with anybody out of them as he was expecting bit more and that was the time
However Manu in his post #27 mentions the fact that lokesh was not interested and that is the reason he reduced the price . Also why reduce the price if he had other offers at Rs.40,000?

yaar its lokesh from banglore u can check his website The Home Theater Store ,i also offerd him my selling price but last night i got email from him that he's not interested and that time i gave him 40000 price and here i reduce to 30000

I respect Manu for acting on members suggestions and writing to Emotiva and explaining the situation to them.However, I feel that in this instance
he has not gone about the sale in a clear and transparent manner.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi,

Surinder,there seem to be some contradictions in what you state in your post and what Manu has posted in his thread.

You say that Manu did not confirm the sale to cmsajith,however Manu(post #18) in his reply to cmsajith's post apologises to cmsajit for backing out of the deal .

You mention in your post that Manu had three offers of Rs.40,000/- including one from Lokesh.

However Manu in his post #27 mentions the fact that lokesh was not interested and that is the reason he reduced the price . Also why reduce the price if he had other offers at Rs.40,000?

I respect Manu for acting on members suggestions and writing to Emotiva and explaining the situation to them.However, I feel that in this instance

Regards
Rajiv

I was browsing the emo forums last night as a precursor to a firmware upgrade, when I came across manu's threads. I was in two minds on whether it was appropriate to report this on HFV, when I saw that sajith had already done so.

It's almost empirical that manu has not conducted himself in a transparent manner, given the conflicting posts he has written on the Emo forums and here.

the stance he has taken on hFV is that he had a unit which was troubling him, emo sent him an upgrade; he flashed a firmware on the original one and now he has 2 working sets, one of which was without a warranty.

on the Emo forums, the stance is that the original set is giving trouble and now, the replacement set is giving trouble as well.

now either stance could be correct, but not both. in one case, the prospective buyers have been misinformed and in the other case Emotiva is being "played".

It is difficult a third intepretation which is more benign!

The Emotiva Lounge - oh! no now new problem...

Well if i enter into this, i will be given another infraction:eek:hyeah:

Our frontier were monkeys!!!!
Monkeys become Man!!!!!
Monkey jumps on the tree and Man jump on the mind!!!!!
But generally it is told man mind is monkey!!!!!What is there to catch here! "Jump On"

I dont know what i am coming to but i am coming to the point... If we attend an job interview in the same day and you got selected in both and offered 2 employement letter on what basis we will join, whether we will go with less perks offered in the morning session and higher perks in the afternoon session whereas we have promised to both HR personnels we have discussed the perks we want and agreed for!!!

However i dont tell the second paragraph to be applied to the related topic and justice to both posters , just take the reference of the contents above the paragraph too.!!:eek:hyeah: Mind the words!!!

Do you believe!! Manu will give thanks for this post too!!! Please leave Manu, he is a good guy as such..

Last edited:
Nice backup, Surinder.

I was not at all interested to talk about the episode which I dont want to remember again. Since you had send a message with some cookedup stories, I am writing this reply.

You are just been brain washed by Manu by telling stories other than facts.

Now he can say the address was asked for just name sake or for keeping in his Diary or something else. Since the deal was done through phone, I wanted to get a written proof of confirmation. So I had send him an SMS asking "Whether he will be able to ship it by today itself". For that he replied saying, Not possible now as he is out of station for vacation and on Monday he will be back. Meantime in the evening he will ask DTDC couriers to find out the shipping details. Later I asked "when will you be shipping it, on Monday?". For that SMS he replied "Yup in evening" (exact SMS wording). All the SMS transactions from his mobile is there in my mobile and if required I will post the screen shots. NOW WHAT ELSE YOU REQUIRE TO PROVE WHETHER THE DEAL IS DONE OR NOT? What the hell he thinks about himself asking the shipping details and sending the shipping confirmation and telling later that he did it by thinking something else or for something else.., is it a joke? Did he ask all these details from others whoever had contacted him? So based on this I had posted as Deal done in the forum. Also I never told that I had done any payment to him (Check the sentence, "What if, I had ..."). If I didnt see his backing out post in HFV, I would have transferred the amount.

"but he demanded him bit of time at same time to think about his offer.."
This happened when I called him once I saw his backing out post in HFV. He never asked any time to think during the deal and he asked the time till evening to get the DTDC courier details.

The payment details are with me which he had given for the previous 606 sale. I had made the online transfer at that time and the same thing was about to happen this time also.

"But I think he is not cheater by any means as he had made it sure that the offered unit is in working and stable condition before putting it here for to grab by checking the unit with three full length movies in three days and one of those movie was accompanied by me as well."
But the Emotiva forum tells a different story. He clearly mentioned there that he had another UMC-1 from his friend and is working proper in his setup and he tested it for 1 full day without any issues, but no luck with the remaining 2. So we can see different versions of the story. If it is working, then he was not telling the truth there.

"But then few days back he tried for a last time firmware upgrade on this very unit and voila miracle happened that time for his good luck as it worked."
How long? He mentioned in Emotiva forum that it worked just for 4 or 5 mins each time he tried the FW upgrade. Even the day he started the sale thread, he was asking the solution from Emotiva. Also why is he buying another Pre board from Emotiva for this UMC?

Regarding the 606 sale, you have no idea what was happened. The deal was made and agreed to share the shipping charges also (50:50). I never told that he had send a damaged unit, please go through the post again. I had clearly mentioned that because of his packing it got damaged. Can you imagine, shipping an 15kg amp in a cloth wrap with "SPONGE PIECES" for protection and another outer white cloth to cover all. Then for what else did I pay the shipping charges, do I need to go and pickup as he never told me to do during the deal. He also told me that he will get a new carton from the dealer or his 807's carton so that I dont have to worry about the packing, but I NEVER KNEW THAT ONKYO GIVES 807 IN A CLOTH WRAP. It would be a great surprise if it had reached safely. Moreover I had asked for the warranty card for which he told he will send me the duplicate bill from the dealer which was enough to get the warranty (I told him clearly before the deal that on inquiring the onkyo either the warranty card from chennai office or the bill is required to get the warranty), BUT it was just a hand written bill on a small sheet of paper. But when I informed about the condition of the amp he agreed to give the repair charges and so I forgot the whole mishap happened eventhough later I had to take a small portion of that also from my pocket. IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS NEGLIGENCE MADE THE AMP DAMAGED DURING THE SHIPPING.

"it easily here in India but Manu did not done that in Onkyo 606 trade. "...
I really appreciate his effort in helping me in solving the 606 issue since it was his fault (and my bad luck) and its only because of that I went ahead with this deal even after w/o warranty.
Do you think after doing that whether he will be able to come back to this forum for asking questions..? Since I dont want to spoil his name I didnt disclose it until he disclosed in that thread thinking that he has done a big thing. If he backed out at that time, its for sure that on googling his name or anything related to him will give multipage results and there would not have been any For Sale thread for UMC-1 here. And the amount which I had spend would be under my miscellaneous expenses for that month. Boss, Credibility is having a lot of value...

Brother he was asking for solution for his 2nd unit there. Yes as his earlier firmware flashes with older unit were no so sucessfull as it works properly not more then 4 to 5 minutes he think its better to buy pre board for crysis and yes it is a miscalculation by manu as if the pre board was damaged then how can it give proper audio even for one minute time I think it was some software issue which could may be or may be not resolved after his last attempt of firmware flash which we feel sucsessful.

Last edited:
Hi,

Regards
Rajiv

Lokesh didn't rejected the offer when unit was working and manu was selling it just for sake of another upgrade it was the time before problem occured for first time and after occuring the problem manu told the status of the unit to those guys then Lokesh rejected the offer that time after that manu started for sale thread. He reduced the asking price for the risk involved of a without warranty product. Remember his first asking price of 40K was when the unit was in warranty and issue free and his second and reduced asking price of 30K was for a unit which is out of warranty.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have seen all the posts today (Related to manu's UMC-1) only....i dont know what exactly is the matter but prior to all this (ie before manu has posted his umc-1 for sale), i had a discussion with him for the same UMC-1 and i agreed to buy the same @ 38K......but later on he himself called me and informed that some problem has started with UMC-1 .....i was very much pleased with him after this interaction.....i think if he would have been cheat than probably he would have not told me this..... For me he is very honest.....

I was browsing the emo forums last night as a precursor to a firmware upgrade, when I came across manu's threads. I was in two minds on whether it was appropriate to report this on HFV, when I saw that sajith had already done so.

It's almost empirical that manu has not conducted himself in a transparent manner, given the conflicting posts he has written on the Emo forums and here.

the stance he has taken on hFV is that he had a unit which was troubling him, emo sent him an upgrade; he flashed a firmware on the original one and now he has 2 working sets, one of which was without a warranty.

on the Emo forums, the stance is that the original set is giving trouble and now, the replacement set is giving trouble as well.

now either stance could be correct, but not both. in one case, the prospective buyers have been misinformed and in the other case Emotiva is being "played".

It is difficult a third intepretation which is more benign!

Yes he flashed a firmware on the original one and got it working once more. But it has not been happened before receiving the replacement unit and manu did tried all the tricks to rectify the problem with original unit what was taught him by Emotiva and its Emotiva's decision to give a fresh unit to manu after they found nothing seems to work. And manu didn't asked Emotiva people to gave up trying with original unit and reward him a new one.

And that is very true the replacement unit send by Emotive giving him same problem but it is nothing to do with first one and Emotive people feel they are liable for warranty on this unit but not on the first unit so manu can demand service on replacement unit technically and manu did tried same course of troubleshooting with this unit as well but problem couldn't rectified on this unit up till now.

Brother he was asking for solution for his 2nd unit there. Yes as his earlier firmware flashes with older unit were no so sucessfull as it works properly not more then 4 to 5 minutes he think its better to buy pre board for crysis and yes it is a miscalculation by manu as if the pre board was damaged then how can it give proper audio even for one minute time I think it was some software issue which could may be or may be not resolved after his last attempt of firmware flash which we feel sucsessful.

here is a post saying the original umc-1 is very defective and destroyed his speaker.

Yes he flashed a firmware on the original one and got it working once more. But it has not been happened before receiving the replacement unit and manu did tried all the tricks to rectify the problem with original unit what was taught him by Emotiva and its Emotiva's decision to give a fresh unit to manu after they found nothing seems to work. And manu didn't asked Emotiva people to gave up trying with original unit and reward him a new one.

And that is very true the replacement unit send by Emotive giving him same problem but it is nothing to do with first one and Emotive people feel they are liable for warranty on this unit but not on the first unit so manu can demand service on replacement unit technically and manu did tried same course of troubleshooting with this unit as well but problem couldn't rectified on this unit up till now.

I thought I was done posting on this thread, but you are clearly misrepresenting facts..

according to this he knew on the 7th that both his units are defective. at no point has he mentioned that the original one is working. he clearly mentions that he has 2 defective UMC-1s

so what is the truth? since you speak for him; is the older UMc-1 working flawlessly? why has that not been mentioned on the emotiva thread?

cmsajith I salute you for keeping your Onkyo 606 deal confidential for so long as it is very good spirit shown by you but believe me buddy Manu has no intentions to hurt or cheat anybody it is his inexperience what makes things go wild some times.

And you are talking about bills. Let me tell all of you guys manu had not took bills for most of the products I purchased from him as he was ignorant of fact that how important that is and doing so manu did not save a penny out of those purchases its the dealer who exploited him over the years and made bigger profits by saving taxes and charging manu maximum.

But only very recently he realized the importance of bills and he learned it hard way as he could not got service on few of his purchases in absence of purchase bills since then he is taking bills with all of his purchases.

here is a post saying the original umc-1 is very defective and destroyed his speaker.

I thought I was done posting on this thread, but you are clearly misrepresenting facts..

according to this he knew on the 7th that both his units are defective. at no point has he mentioned that the original one is working. he clearly mentions that he has 2 defective UMC-1s

so what is the truth? since you speak for him; is the older UMc-1 working flawlessly? why has that not been mentioned on the emotiva thread?

Both statements are partly true because as of now the older unit working fine but who knows when it will get in its earlier behavior as it happened so many times when troubleshooting course was going through the problem was reoccurring again and again in every 4 to 5 minutes after flashing the firmware so he is worried about it that's why he is in touch with Emotiva.

Or it could be remain fine for say next two decades as it is in working state in say for about six hours in three breaks so he can feel the problem may be rectified for forever.

edited, better to not create international incident :)
Hope you can sleep at night Mr. Manu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back