Absolute Phase: AVID Pellar, Pulsus, Pellere, and Pulsare II Phono Stages

Absolute Phase

AVID is on demo at Absolute Phase (Exclusive India Distributor)

"AVID turntables stand out for their highly precise and super-robust build and their solid and impactful sound, with a touch of smoothness. The AVID phono stages leave a similar impression. From the entry-level model to the flagship model, they are solidly built and have a sound that is full-bodied and powerful as well as smooth and with a hint of richness. As you move up the model ladder, you gain ever increased definition, low-level resolution, and transparency.

All three AVID phono stages have proven to work universally well under all circumstances and with other turntable brands as well. Not once have I encountered any hiss, hum, or other noise. While it makes sense to complete the analog setup with one of these products when owning an AVID turntable, as the pairing with my Origin Live and Thorens turntables made clear, it’s not a prerequisite.

If the Pellar is a great phono stage at its price and the Pulsus is clearly better but arguably less competitive, the Pulsare II is nothing short of superb. In fact, I was so impressed with its performance in my Ayon system that I was already contemplating keeping it based on its sonics alone. Further adding to this is the utter convenience of front-panel control over all of the preamp’s important facilities. This is an absolute blessing if you often swap cartridges or like to tweak about. For me as a reviewer, it’s absolutely invaluable. I think it’s probably obvious by now that the Pulsare II is not leaving my system!"AVID_phono_stages_IMG_4490_750pix.jpg

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back