AC Ryan - FLUXX, Arguably the mother of all media players - Launching in March'11

sam9s

Guys in this rat race of Media Players where now slowly and slowely the competition is be becoming stiff, companies are eager to add more and more juice in their products. With the success of DUNE rage of media players, AC Ryan is coming up with its new kid on the Block called

AC Ryan FLUXX the first media player with an Intel Atom CE4150 Processor.

20110215005402.jpg

Noticeable features include ...

1.2GHz processing power
400MHz Extreme graphics
1GB DDR3 Memory
2 GB extreme on-board NAND-flash memory
Gigabit Wired Network,
Built-in HDD up to 2TB.

Along with widget support for social networking, connected media library which scans and automatically updates movie information from internet sources, web browser with Flash support, online streaming content, and support for DRM content.

Detailed Specification ....

specifications.jpg

Intro Video ....

YouTube - CES 2011 : Paula introduces the Fluxx from AC Ryan

The produce is scheduled to be launched in March 2011 with a price tag of 250USD with 1TB inbuilt HDD ......

Looks promising...

Source :: http://www.acryan.com/en/fluxx.html

Enjoy
Sammy :)

Received the newsletter too Sam. Thanks for posting.

I am looking forward to this one as it is a media player and computer in one. Unfortunately, the FLUXX does not have USB 3.0. Although, it does not say so in the specs, I atleast hope it has the EZ Drive Slot like the PlayonHD2.

Looks promising with support for both Dolby and DTS HD Audio.

cheers
Venkat, the current models(new chip - April 2010 onwards IIRC) of AC Ryan namely PlayonHD and PlayonHDMini are already doing this when upgraded to the new firmware. Guess, most mediaplayers have gotten over the HD Audio hurdle with some small issues.

Nice post..
Looks good also but as earlier said it would cost more in India if its 250$ in US..

I was planning to upgrade to DUNE D1 from my current pohd, but now I will wait as I am already pretty satisfied with pohd's performance. I am not much interested in USB 3. Gigabit LAN was something I wanted with WiFi n. Plus hd Audio and basic menu navigation for blurry ISO.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Man.... I missed this by a few months. This sure sounds very tempting.
Considering I got my POHD for 145 USD w/o a HDD. I think 250 USD for with HDD is a neat buy....with all the power packed in the machine.

Nice post..
Looks good also but as earlier said it would cost more in India if its 250$ in US..

Sigh... the tech specs look gr8. Looks like it will cost between 18-20k in India for the 1TB version..... Shucks tis too much for my budget..... Just got a WD TV Live Hub a few days ago.:mad:

I wish it had a coaxial digital o/p though to easily connect external DAC. I guess this connection will disapper soon in favor of USB o/p's as most of the DACS now-a-days sport this option.
Cheers
Sid

^^ Bluray player combo thingi is only in DUNE range of media player ...... all other are sticking strictly to file Media playback.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back