Accuphase E206 Integrated

reubensm

Hi all, has any of our forum members had experience with the Accuphase E206 Integrated amplifier? I know the leagues are different and its absolutely ridiculous to make such a comparison, but how does it compare with the vintage 3020?

Also, which is more valuable from an investment perspective, the champaign gold version or the black version?

Last edited:
Well, do you find any 3020 'on sale' ever in this Forum? It has it's own 'true vintage' sound quality which only a few can come close to. That said, it translates to use of the 3020 with speakers of it's era and rating, then it gets near-unbeatable still.

Well, do you find any 3020 'on sale' ever in this Forum? It has it's own 'true vintage' sound quality which only a few can come close to. That said, it translates to use of the 3020 with speakers of it's era and rating, then it gets near-unbeatable still.

can't agree more, own one myself, but I'm looking at moving up the value chain in audio

Hi Reubensm,

I am relatively new to HFV compared to you, but I have explored quiet deep in this forum regarding amps. Accuphase is altogether in different league and sound is not enjoyed much by people though its sound is impressive. Some experienced people might chip in to agree the same.
My suggestion is to search YAMAHA A-s2000 in this forum or internet, it is termed as "affordable high end amp". It is for sale in HIFIADS and its in your town. Just have an audition and see. If you are looking only for vintage amps, then its no use to have yamaha as mentioned above.
Thats all.

Cheers

Dheeraj

Last edited:
Hi reubensm

Have you heard the Accuphase sound? Hear it first and see if you like it. The older Accuphase amps had a warm sound. The newer ones are more neutral and transparent

I have Accuphase E 303 x as well as Nad 3020i also. Regarding Accu I feel its Pre section is not such high end. I use my other pre amplifiers coupling Accu as a power amplifier is tremendous. Uncomparable in every angle. Like the same I use Nad 3020i also a power amp to drive my Klipsch rf35i. Superb.For that money it is very good.

Don't compare highend amp vs budget amp.
Second thing is that you're comparing 100 watts vs 20 watts. I think you could understand what i'm explained.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back