Active - Preferably Wireless Speakers Recommendations

kpp

Greetings!

Looking for recommendations for an active speaker stereo setup as a gift.

Must Haves
========
1. Active Speakers
2. Room Size - Typical MBR 180 sq ft average

Budget
========
50 to 1L

Good to have
==========
Wireless + Smart

Shortlisted So Far (Looking for more here)
============================
LSX
Klipsch 5's
Triangle SN03
Tannoy Gold 8

Importance Level
=============
Quality Warm less Fatigued Sound followed by Wireless

I am leaning towards LSX unless it is vastly inferior to the other ones within similar budget range.

Last edited:
LSX could be better,i had klipsch R15PM earlier and they sounded quite harsh at loud volumes,even in a treated room.
Not heard the 5s though,not sure whether they have improved the harshness. Do get a demo if possible at cinebels.

In general I prefer triangle sound so would vote for it (I’m biased towards drivers made with natural materials vs metal etc). But LSX are great speakers too. And functionality/features wise Keff are well proven.

I heard LS50 wireless in a demo room and they sounded damn good. But in a home setting without any treatment they were very underwhelming. I think for them placement and acoustics are very important. Something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Just a brief opinion on the KEF LSX

- Sound Quality - I own a KEF LSX , have no experience with the other 3 offerings. While the occasions I have used a KEF LSX have been totally opposite vs my stereo setup (not very dedicated listening) , I love how they sound. They are are not bright yet very detailed , mids are similar to other KEF lineups I have auditioned and for their size they pump crazy quantity of bass. They outdid all bookshelves I owned other than the Dynaudio M20 with a powerful amp in terms of bass quantity , even with improper positioning don't sound muddy. Have nice app for setting up different things.

- Aesthetic - KEF LSX are the only speakers( and Echo Dot) my wife has ever approved of. They look beautiful placed on any surface, even more so with the angling pads which are sold separately. I use an isoacoustics stand to isolate them which takes away the aesthetics a little but aids in tighter bass and better vocals. They are smaller than even Qacoustics Concept 20s

- Functionality - KEF LSX also stream spotify and tidal directly from the app. Support bluetooth, optical,sub pre-out &, aux input. Would have loved to have RCA inputs too. This utility of inbuilt streamer+DAC is quiet beneficial and helps in having an all in one set. Of the other options you provided the Klipsch 5s seemed rich in terms of different connectivity options but dont have Tidal/Spotify streaming via Wireless. The wireless receiver is not great for streaming if your speakers would be far away from the modem, I use a lan connection though and it works pretty smoothly.

Greetings!

Looking for recommendations for an active speaker stereo setup as a gift.

Must Haves
========
1. Active Speakers
2. Room Size - Typical MBR 180 sq ft average

Budget
========
50 to 1L

Good to have
==========
Wireless + Smart

Shortlisted So Far (Looking for more here)
============================
LSX
Klipsch 5's
Triangle SN03
Tannoy Gold 8

Importance Level
=============
Quality Warm less Fatigued Sound followed by Wireless

I am leaning towards LSX unless it is vastly inferior to the other ones within similar budget range.
If you can stretch your budget by another 30/40K, then go with LS 50 Wireless, it won't let you down. Currently, it's under Promotion from ProFx.

Just a brief opinion on the KEF LSX

- Sound Quality - I own a KEF LSX , have no experience with the other 3 offerings. While the occasions I have used a KEF LSX have been totally opposite vs my stereo setup (not very dedicated listening) , I love how they sound. They are are not bright yet very detailed , mids are similar to other KEF lineups I have auditioned and for their size they pump crazy quantity of bass. They outdid all bookshelves I owned other than the Dynaudio M20 with a powerful amp in terms of bass quantity , even with improper positioning don't sound muddy. Have nice app for setting up different things.

- Aesthetic - KEF LSX are the only speakers( and Echo Dot) my wife has ever approved of. They look beautiful placed on any surface, even more so with the angling pads which are sold separately. I use an isoacoustics stand to isolate them which takes away the aesthetics a little but aids in tighter bass and better vocals. They are smaller than even Qacoustics Concept 20s

- Functionality - KEF LSX also stream spotify and tidal directly from the app. Support bluetooth, optical,sub pre-out &, aux input. Would have loved to have RCA inputs too. This utility of inbuilt streamer+DAC is quiet beneficial and helps in having an all in one set. Of the other options you provided the Klipsch 5s seemed rich in terms of different connectivity options but dont have Tidal/Spotify streaming via Wireless. The wireless receiver is not great for streaming if your speakers would be far away from the modem, I use a lan connection though and it works pretty smoothly.
Thank you for such detailed response, this is certainly going to help me finalize. I am almost decided between LSX and LN01A from Triangle. Leaning heavily towards LSX as its a gift and aesthetics do come into play. I was confused as most LSX reviews either put them wow and few folks put them really low. Was little concerned with such variance in reviews. The whole goal is after a days work it should relax them and I am looking for that kind of laid back yet musical 2.0 with the added bass as benefit.

Thank you for such detailed response, this is certainly going to help me finalize. I am almost decided between LSX and LN01A from Triangle. Leaning heavily towards LSX as its a gift and aesthetics do come into play. I was confused as most LSX reviews either put them wow and few folks put them really low. Was little concerned with such variance in reviews. The whole goal is after a days work it should relax them and I am looking for that kind of laid back yet musical 2.0 with the added bass as benefit.

I think it should fit the signature you are looking for, we more often than not use it for background listening while doing something else(bollywood, pop, rock) and instrumental music while heading off to sleep. Even as dedicated speakers via a source and seperate DAC they sound quiet good, have had very occasional listens connected to a Mimby and they did scale. Issues would arise if you try to compare it against a solution wherein you have spent equally or little more with separates and you might get better alternatives then but it would beat the very purpose of an all-in-one solution which is the more desirable form for majority of people with easy access to bluetooth/wireless streaming and good sound too.

This would be too Big for bedroom I believe.
Actually, they are not, it will easily blend in. Be informed, their metallic twitter is a bit on the brighter side. So, before you seal on it, take an audition. Few people may not like that bright signature. Nevertheless, it's probably the easiest way to get an Audiophile grade setup without spending a fortune.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back