Active Speakers or Soundbar

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

Hello,

My AVR died few days back and my wife wants me to sell my paradigm floorstanders so I am thinking of either buy a soundbar or active speakers for casual listening. Sometimes friends do drop by and the music gets loud a little bit so I am more inclined towards active speakers but it might be just my assumption that active speakers would be more suitable within my budget. My budget is around 30-40k for the same.

Would really appreciate any views/help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Well, sound bars too go plenty high but the challenge is the budget. I am not sure if there are good (also loud) soundbars in the 30-40K range. The cheapest which sounds decent and can go loud are Philips Fidelio ones which are between 48-55K I believe. Which actives are you considering in that range? Having lived with components, I now see the charm of active speakers or a nice soundbar and always wholeheartedly recommend the Dali KubikOne if one wants to go towards a soundbar :)

Well, sound bars too go plenty high but the challenge is the budget. I am not sure if there are good (also loud) soundbars in the 30-40K range. The cheapest which sounds decent and can go loud are Philips Fidelio ones which are between 48-55K I believe. Which actives are you considering in that range? Having lived with components, I now see the charm of active speakers or a nice soundbar and always wholeheartedly recommend the Dali KubikOne if one wants to go towards a soundbar :)

Does the Dali Kubick one has HDMI connectivity

Does the Dali Kubick one has HDMI connectivity
Nope, no HDMI Out in KubikOne. I have my Oppo BP directly hooked to my TV (for video) while the sound is moved to KubikOne via optical. Think of KubikOne more on the lines of a 2 channel active speaker setup which is designed as a soundbar. Probably one of the reasons why it sounds so good as it does only one thing - play 2 channel audio.

Q Acoustics M4 sound bar is one of the best sound bar available around 45k. There are quite lot of reviews praising its sound quality and its signature.

Hello,

My AVR died few days back and my wife wants me to sell my paradigm floorstanders so I am thinking of either buy a soundbar or active speakers for casual listening. Sometimes friends do drop by and the music gets loud a little bit so I am more inclined towards active speakers but it might be just my assumption that active speakers would be more suitable within my budget. My budget is around 30-40k for the same.

Would really appreciate any views/help on this.

Thanks in advance.
A new pair of paradigm Shift 2 are available for 32k, should be ideal since you are used to the paradigm house sound.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back