Actives for HT setup to be paired with Seaton Submersives

liverpool_for_life

For background: http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...ing-room-do-not-do-5-1-ht-setup-question.html

We will be moving into a bigger apartment in the next 5-6 weeks. I have a space that is 16.3 ft * 24.6 ft that has officially been deemed ok by the missus for HT usage. I am having the room designed/treated by someone that is a speaker designer himself.

In addition to the stuff I am going to audition through the designer, I am looking for active speaker suggestions that I can pair with a couple of Seaton Submersive HP's (in the master-slave configuration) and where I might get auditions in Chennai. The Seaton Catalyst 8C's would be my first pick. Shipping and customs give me pause and consider other options.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

So, an update:

I decided to go with an all Seaton 5.2 setup:

Catalyst 8C's for LCR (1000 W each)
Active Sparks for surrounds (300 W each)
Submersive HP slave to pair with my existing Submersive HP+

I am behind on the speakers' original shipment date by 4 weeks and I can hardly wait any longer (even if I don't have much of a choice!).

It's going to be overkill for my room, but what's this hobby without a little of that?:).

Last edited:
The Seasons have finally shipped!

The Catalysts for L and R (red cherry finish) are going to be set on top of the Submersive HP master and slave. This is how they will look (from the pic Mark sent me).

Tremendously excited to get the chance to hear these!

Attachments

• IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 13
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back