Advice needed w.r.t ONKYO HTS3100+Pioneer DV410

Why don't you try Onkyo 5105 HTIB for 27k @ X-cite in Bangalore. I feel it's a very good offer!!

Looks like this HtiB doesn't have Dolby digital decoder.. its a must considering the fact most of the dvd's in india has only DD recording.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Last edited:
Looks like this HtiB soesn't have Dolby digital decoder.. its a must considering the fact most of the dvd's in india has only DD recording.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Of course it does decode Dolby Digital, DTS etc!!

From where did you get such absurd info???

Of course it does decode Dolby Digital, DTS etc!!

From where did you get such absurd info???

Friend, I am not getting any absurd info. I went through the product page of Onkyo 5105.

Home Theater Systems : HT-S51005 | ONKYO Asia and Oceania Website

It says only Dolby Pro Logic II. [transforms any stereo source into a highly realistic and convincing five-channel surround sound listening experience].

And i went through product information in the same webpage(pdf) and i see there too only Dolby prologic II is mentioned.

I went through other products of Onkyo and which supports DD decoder they clearly mention that. Hence i concluded that DD decoder is not available in 5105 based on onkyo's website.

Thanks,
Prakash

Friend, I am not getting any absurd info. I went through the product page of Onkyo 5105.

Home Theater Systems : HT-S51005 | ONKYO Asia and Oceania Website

It says only Dolby Pro Logic II. [transforms any stereo source into a highly realistic and convincing five-channel surround sound listening experience].

And i went through product information in the same webpage(pdf) and i see there too only Dolby prologic II is mentioned.

I went through other products of Onkyo and which supports DD decoder they clearly mention that. Hence i concluded that DD decoder is not available in 5105 based on onkyo's website.

Thanks,
Prakash

Although the text does not mention DD. the 2nd logo mentions DD and prologic both. If anyone can get a hand on its owners manual, things would be more clear.

Although the text does not mention DD. the 2nd logo mentions DD and prologic both. If anyone can get a hand on its owners manual, things would be more clear.

Very correct! It looks like a text printing omission.
Hey come on, no need to verify.
Dolby Digital is a very mature technology and NO home theatre will come without this!

Very correct! It looks like a text printing omission.
Hey come on, no need to verify.
Dolby Digital is a very mature technology and NO home theatre will come without this!

A 17K Samsung HT-TZ315 HTib doesn't have DD decoding and has only DTS decoder. So i cannot agree with your generalised quote :)

"Dolby Digital is a very mature technology and NO home theatre will come without this!"

You know I have already purchased the 5105 on Sat. But I don't plan to open the box till Christmas. So with you guys debating on this DD issue is becoming very alarming! I still don't believe this could be possible.

And if it is, I will have to find a customer for a brand new box pack HTiB:D

Have attached the relevant page from the user manual (same for 6 models)

2lwn6le.jpg

2el9sac.jpg

As you can see, DD (15) is clearly shown as available.

BTW, BT (8) is not available for 3 models and indicated accordingly.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back