Airtel and Tata Sky HD DVR price hiked

This is probably because of increase in the prices of hard disks due to thai floods.

The 500GB which was selling for 1.8k, now costs 4k approx.

This is probably because of increase in the prices of hard disks due to thai floods.

The 500GB which was selling for 1.8k, now costs 4k approx.

I bought one DVR for 3990 and other one for 2990 (2000 cashback offer) :yahoo:

Hi Vishu,

Could you please explain the offer in detail? U exchanged the old SD boxes? or the SD-DVR?

Badri

I paid 4990 with 2000 cash back offer and returned back my SD box to TS. This was a limited time (Saturday) offer they came out with around 3 months back i guess.

Within 2-3 days my account was recharged with 2000 bucks which i used for annual renewal.

Cheers.

We should remember that we own TS+HD STB once we buy it but not the STBs from other providers. If at anytime we shift the provider they would come for repossession of the STB.

Cheers

^^ are you sure? I actually went with old DishTV STB to the local dealer (to get rid of junk lying around) and he told me they don't take them back

^^ are you sure? I actually went with old DishTV STB to the local dealer (to get rid of junk lying around) and he told me they don't take them back

Reliance, Airtel and Sun are the providers who either come after non subscribers or repossess only the STBs by repeatedly sending SMSs or calling. There are always exceptions I guess. If one can see the STBs it is clearly mentioned on them that it is the property of the service provider.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back