Airtel HD DTH Receiver's Remote Code for Onkyo Receiver

PrasannaK

Hi HiFier's,

I have Onkyo A/V Receiver and need the Remote Code so that i can control my Airtel HD DTH Box through my Onkyo Remote. I was able to successfully set the remote code for my TV & BluRay Players.

Thanks

Hi Prasanna

Even I got Airtel HD DTH when I purchased my LG 50 inch plasma last week. I live in Madipakkam. Not sure about the answer to your question (hopefully others would barge in to help you on that), but can you check if you are getting 5.1 sound from your HD box in the Nat Geo HD channel? I tried connecting the Coaxial Digital Out of the HD box to the Coaxial In of my Yamaha RX-V459 AVR and it's showing only stereo. I get nice 5.1 DTS and Dolby Digital sound when I use the same cable to connect my DVD player.

I have already escalated this to the Airtel Nodal Officer, since I feel this is cheating as Airtel keeps advertising "7.1 Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound" in all their newspaper and TV ads for the HD DTH.

Please do check on the same and let me know.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Hi HiFier's,

I have Onkyo A/V Receiver and need the Remote Code so that i can control my Airtel HD DTH Box through my Onkyo Remote. I was able to successfully set the remote code for my TV & BluRay Players.

Thanks

see if the airtel digi box is uses elsewhere in the world - for tata sky (sky tb stb remote code works on onkyo avrs e.g. onkyo 606 controls tv, avr, stb etc for me). Else touchbase with the airtel CS team (mission impossible) and get the remote code from them.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back