Akai CS - M02 Facing problem while recording

jay

Hi,

I am facing a typical problem with my cassette deck.While trying to recording from other sources there is a signal drop happening occassionaly.

In the picture attached on the right corner is the Rec Level Circular knob.Above that is the LED Red light (I have marked it with an Arrow) which should continuously be lit in the same power throughout the recording but at times its blinking for a sec or continuously 3 to 4 times.As a result signal is falling.

How do I rectify this?

Can anyone please suggest?

Attachments

• akai.jpg
    akai.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 73
as per the schematic, there is a leaf switch on the transport as well as the main Record playback slide switch on the PCB. Usually these are the usual suspects. Usually a good tap/ some deoxit helps. Check the continuity. At least this LED is driven by a transistor latch which appears to be driven by both the leaf switch and the record/playback slide switch.

The schematic of the CS M02 is available online. the full service manual is not available, though the one of the CS M01 is close enough for most purposes

as per the schematic, there is a leaf switch on the transport as well as the main Record playback slide switch on the PCB. Usually these are the usual suspects. Usually a good tap/ some deoxit helps. Check the continuity. At least this LED is driven by a transistor latch which appears to be driven by both the leaf switch and the record/playback slide switch.

The schematic of the CS M02 is available online. the full service manual is not available, though the one of the CS M01 is close enough for most purposes

What do you mean by Schematic?

Thank you so much for this detail.

I am sorry but I am not conversant to few things which you have mentioned.What's a deoxit? Is it a lubricant kind of thing?

You mentioned there is a leaf switch on the transport? Where is the transport in the deck?

Am sorry to ask you these basic questions but without getting these clarified I can't move an inch forward.

deoxit is a contact cleaner spray for switches. The transport is the actual mechanism (where the tape is played)

No offense, but if you can't figure this out, you're better off getting professional help

deoxit is a contact cleaner spray for switches. The transport is the actual mechanism (where the tape is played)

No offense, but if you can't figure this out, you're better off getting professional help

Thank you so much.

Any idea in which kind of shop will Deoxit be available?
Is it a readily available product off the shelf?

it has a continuity function which you can use to check the contact between two points in a circuit. It can also do a bunch of other stuff like measure voltage, resistance, current etc

Sorry, just saw this. From the looks of it, seems like a simple contact problem, however suggest you get professional help to fix it. Also please ensure that you do not change the factory settings of any adjustable components that you may find on the board (PCB). Calibration of these may end up being very difficult, especially if its in the bias section.

Sorry, just saw this. From the looks of it, seems like a simple contact problem, however suggest you get professional help to fix it. Also please ensure that you do not change the factory settings of any adjustable components that you may find on the board (PCB). Calibration of these may end up being very difficult, especially if its in the bias section.

Thanks.
I am taking it to the mechanic in a day or 2 to set things up for me.Unnecessary fiddling from my side may land upto serious trouble.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back