Ali express purchase experience

Love4sound

Dear FM's

As any one purchased bass traps, Acoustic foams in ali express? Looking for feed back

Regards
Navin

I buy a lot of small form factor items from Aliexpress.

Acoustic foams are available locally at competitive pricing. I do not see why you would want to import it and wait for several weeks for delivery. The local postmen will not be happy to lug big size parcels around.

If you want to buy anyways, choose Aliexpress standard shipping or Singapore Post.

I buy a lot of small form factor items from Aliexpress.

Acoustic foams are available locally at competitive pricing. I do not see why you would want to import it and wait for several weeks for delivery. The local postmen will not be happy to lug big size parcels around.

If you want to buy anyways, choose Aliexpress standard shipping or Singapore Post.
Hi Santy,

Since you are from CHENNAI can you please guide from where I can purchase them for competitive pricing. I checked amazon and they are all priced very high and don’t know any shops ok CHENNAI where I can get them for a decent price. I am looking for bass traps and acoustic foams

Have you checked with Mr.panneerselvam .?
Do Max not dealing room treatment for audio.?
Yes I have checked with dealers.Well I just need to install the bass traps on the rear top corners and install few acoustic foams In speaker reflection points which can all be done by me itself. Going to dealers will cost thrice the amount and they won’t show much interest for small work as well.

I got some foam panels from Solace Acoustics and it was a good VFM. Now they are available on amazon. If you want to buy in bulk PM me, I will give their contact, they can probably work out some additional discount.

Bass traps is a different story altogether. They are all expensive to buy. Why not try DIY.. I have posted couple of threads on it.

I got some foam panels from Solace Acoustics and it was a good VFM. Now they are available on amazon. If you want to buy in bulk PM me, I will give their contact, they can probably work out some additional discount.

Bass traps is a different story altogether. They are all expensive to buy. Why not try DIY.. I have posted couple of threads on it.
Thanks Santy I will do the calculations first in my room and get back to you

Bass Traps are fairly easy to build. All you need is to research well and have a basic carpenter to build the frame. As mentioned by Santy there are multiple threads on how to go about it.

Bass Traps are fairly easy to build. All you need is to research well and have a basic carpenter to build the frame. As mentioned by Santy there are multiple threads on how to go about it.
Sure will check all options. I just need to install them at rear corners so will be needing 6. Ali express was selling 6 for 500-800 rs. Seems very cheap and I am in no hurry as well

Density matters a lot. Cheap ones may be really light so won't help you in any way. What I bought were fairly dense though I am unable to specify the numbers.

Density matters a lot. Cheap ones may be really light so won't help you in any way. What I bought were fairly dense though I am unable to specify the numbers.
Ok so how to know the right density for my room? The traps I checked in AliExpress had a measurement of 12*12*24

Ok so how to know the right density for my room? The traps I checked in AliExpress had a measurement of 12*12*24
Check out the thread with @elangoas and the graph of density to absorption. You need to balance them for your needs. Its always good to measure your room and add these based on your needs.

Blind solution would be to have roof to ceiling triangular traps with the most thickness you can manage.

As any one purchased bass traps, Acoustic foams in ali express? Looking for feed back

Both can be purchased locally and would do the same w.r.t absorption co-efficient.. Both the materials have different absorption properties..You would need to use it accordingly..

Am in the process of adding bass traps (DIY) to my room.. Half way thru, should complete them in 2 weeks time.. I procured uncompressed (loose) rockwool from Chennai.. You may consider that as the supplier in near Guindy..

As @sud98 suggested, for bass traps, lower density of the material and higher thickness is most recommended..

You can also use the AV Enhancers / Acoustics section of the forum to post images of your room, where you plan to do and you would get some more detailed suggestions..

Last edited:
Check out the thread with @elangoas and the graph of density to absorption. You need to balance them for your needs. Its always good to measure your room and add these based on your needs.

Blind solution would be to have roof to ceiling triangular traps with the most thickness you can manage.
Sure I’ll check with elango’s
Both can be purchased locally and would do the same w.r.t absorption co-efficient.. Both the materials have different absorption properties..You would need to use it accordingly..

Am in the process of adding bass traps (DIY) to my room.. Half way thru, should complete them in 2 weeks time.. I procured uncompressed (loose) rockwool from Chennai.. You may consider that as the supplier in near Guindy..

For bass traps, lower density of the material and higher thickness is most recommended..

You can also use the AV Enhancers / Acoustics section of the forum to post images of your room, where you plan to do and you would get some more detailed suggestions..
Ok will consider diy. DIY bass traps can be just sticked or needs drilling ?

Last edited:
Back