All Experts please help to buy my first speaker

AudioMojo

Dear Friends...

I am newbie over here...its my first thread.

Recently I have got a Marantz PM 7005 amplifier. Now the next thing I need to buy a pair of good speakers for a room size of 18*20. Budget within 70,000/-

Please suggest me some brands and models.

Thank you all.

Please read the 100 odd posts in the speaker section and surely u will find your answer. If u dont, then Im pretty sure the members will help u out. But atleast make an attempt to read through.

Hi

With the given amp you have....look at Wharfedale, B&Ws, Jamo, Boston, Polk RTi A series, Mission, etc speakers....bookshelf and towers....

Since you are the ultimate user, you need to audition for your self....

Please read the posts under What Should I Buy section where you will find most solutions...

You might want to check out the reviews for Aurum Cantus V2M. i have not personally heard this, but Minus stands, it may well just be within your budget. The distributor is in Calcutta. Also do consider Davis Acoustics, Dhavani. I have heard this and its a decent speaker, although primarily an AV design.

One of the forum member is selling his Tannoy Mercury v4i. Excellent speakar for music performance.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

18x20 is a decently large room. And your budget of 70k is also fairly decent. May I suggest that instead of a mass market speaker which has a huge markup because of marketing and stocking and showroom overhead, consider a custom built speaker.

Since you are in Kolkata, there are a few forum members who have designed good quality speakers. Plus, there are a few Indian high fidelity brands as well.

Please take a look at this old thread by a forum member, Suman Jana. He is also from Kolkata. He had designed a Scanspeak Rediscovery tower speaker. Scanspeak drivers are among the best in the business, and a decently well designed and well constructed speaker should handily beat most other commercial speakers even higher in the price range.

Besides this, there's also Rethm and Lyrita and a couple of other Indian brands. I do not necessarily say this as a fit for your amplifier. But I say this more from the point of view of getting the best quality speaker possible in Kolkata. Especially at this price point.

Back