Amazon Fire Stick vs Google Chromecast 2 ?

Is there a way to cast hotstar from phone to firestick?

I could cast youtube videos from phone to firestick, easily.

Will try that out and update.

Go with Fire TV closed eyes! I have 2 firesticks and have been using one of them for a while. I just bought a second one a few weeks ago. I also have Chromecast 2.0 which I do not use. If you are based out of Mumbai, I can give it to you to check. If you like it, you can keep it for yourself. Can work on the pricing (not a big deal to me on the price).

I have Kodi installed on both the firesticks with Popcorm Time installed in it! Works like a charm!

Go with Fire TV closed eyes! I have 2 firesticks and have been using one of them for a while. I just bought a second one a few weeks ago. I also have Chromecast 2.0 which I do not use. If you are based out of Mumbai, I can give it to you to check. If you like it, you can keep it for yourself. Can work on the pricing (not a big deal to me on the price).

I have Kodi installed on both the firesticks with Popcorm Time installed in it! Works like a charm!

I do have the firestick and was looking to install Kodi! As such i do have the older chromecast as well ( don't use it anymore though).

Ok. Great! The Downloader app is not available on Amazon India. So that method will not work here. Check out this link.

https://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/

I used the FireDL option give as the third alternate method to install Kodi.

Hope this works out for you. Let me know if you face any issues in installing or following the given steps there.

P.S. Do not use the code number given there as that code is no longer valid. Type the complete URL given in the first step.

Well I have been using Chromecast past few months and totally thrilled with it. Anything that your mobile can do, Chromecast can do. Lately the number of music and video apps that can cast has grown tremendously so casting media is a breeze and for those rare occasions when a route needs to be discussed or a document reviewed casting the mobile screen is a breeze.

Btw casting gaana.com sounds better via Chromecast than from my computer, yet to figure out why.

For my usage Chromecast fits the bill perfectly. I could be getting a chance to try out the fire stick in a couple of weeks, so let's see.

MaSh

Other upside of Amazon Firestick, my view, it allows pass through upto 7.1 audio which chromecast with casting feature cant do. At the most audio with Chromecast will be 2 channel.

Other upside of Amazon Firestick, my view, it allows pass through upto 7.1 audio which chromecast with casting feature cant do. At the most audio with Chromecast will be 2 channel.

Ahh thats nice. Which source do you use to get a proper multichannel? Netflix? Although for such duties I have my HTPC.

MaSh

Ahh thats nice. Which source do you use to get a proper multichannel? Netflix? Although for such duties I have my HTPC.

MaSh

Thank you Mash. Sadly I dont have a Dedicated HTPC to carry out such duties and always look for a streaming device with audio passthrough. Himedia Q10 Pro does the job, however, with limitations on this aspect. Moreover Himedia Q10 Pro does nit run Amazon Prime video. Brought Fire TV mainly for the convenience of Alexa. Will be delivered today. Keeping fingers crossed!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back